★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Sims 3 games

12-21-2010, 08:28 AM
Sims 3 games

Hi all -

With the huge sale currently going on, I'm contemplating picking up a few games I've been weary about (probably like everyone else on here!). The various Sims 3 games are on that list...

I don't understand how the expansions and the original game work together, nor do I understand what each version contains over the others. Can anyone help me out here? Is it worth getting all 3, or will I not really play the others if I buy the latest (Ambitions I think...)?

I'm not entirely worried about wasting money on the app, it's merely that I don't want to buy the app and just have it sit there on my iPad. There are more than a few games like this already thanks to 99 cent sales (I'm looking at you Gangstar and Skate Nation). And especially with games that are related/sequel based, I'd hate to buy certain iterations just to have them collect dust with the rest.

Thanks for the help.
12-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Gangstar is free i believe, but the superior or so from what ive heard, miami version is still full price. Also i have the same quesitions. There are all these sims games on the app store and most are sandalone i believe not requiring anotner app.

Last edited by Stirolak26; 12-21-2010 at 04:52 PM.
12-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
The Sims 3 is mostly about the town that your in

The Sims World Adventure is about traveling to multiple locations and experiencing the world

The Sims Ambitions is about your career paths and what you want your sim to be.

Sim City is basically building a town and keeping it alive and harm free.

They all standalone and are individual games.

Hope this helps.
12-21-2010, 11:34 PM
Yea but are they integrated or seperate gMs where you make seperate families?
12-21-2010, 11:49 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirolak26 View Post
Yea but are they integrated or seperate gMs where you make seperate families?
They are seperate games but you can import your character from another Sims game if you have 2.