★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Backabit
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 19.5 MB
  • Version: 1.2.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.8 (6)
App description: LOOK OUT! You wont be able to put this game down!

Ramps is an addictive, pick-up-and-play physics game enjoyed by hundreds of thousands of players worldwide! Position and rotate the ramps to guide your ball into the goal, all while avoiding treacherous enemies and obstacles in 200+ challenging levels!

FEATURES

- Ramps is now universal play on your iPhone or iPad!
- 200 standard levels in two exciting worlds
- 40 bonus HD levels designed exclusively for iPad
- Prove your mastery by conquering all 720 challenges
- Tons of surprises and unlockables
- Full iCloud support with game save and score auto-sync
- Show off your scores and achievements with Game Center
- Stylish retina display artwork
- Awesome chiptune soundtrack

REVIEWS

* Apple selected Ramps as their iPhone Game of the Week in January, 2011! *

A simple and stylish physics puzzler that you wont want to put down. Apple

A worthwhile purchase for anyone looking for a new game to steal a few moments of the day. IGN

Very addicting a standout in the puzzle category. The App Informer

A near-perfect mix of simplicity and originality that makes it a prime example of what an iPhone puzzle game should be. Slide To Play

Hours and hours worth of challenging retro-esque physics puzzling fun. Looks and sounds fantastic too! iFanzine

Great for both quick plays and long sittings. 148Apps

Get comfortable Ramps will keep you engaged for a long time. Appolicious

A delightful physics puzzler. Appmodo

Hits that golden ratio of challenge and simplicity thats perfect for mobile gaming. AppSpy

At Backabit, we care deeply about our games and want you to love them, too.

Tell us what you think:hello@backabit.com

Follow us on Twitter: @playramps

Visit our website: http://backabit.com/

u2elan's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

12-21-2010, 09:29 AM
look at the price!!! it's christmas time, man!

I love this world!

12-22-2010, 04:58 AM
highly interested but 3 bucks? hello? Did you observe the appstore?
How many achievements for gamecenter are there?
I put this on my wishlist until the price drops or the dev will do a promotion event or so

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatusernameistaken
There's this thing they invented way back in the 80's, it's called a "Joke". You may want to look into it...
Instagram: i5_david, feel free to add me
12-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Hey guys, thanks for checking out Ramps!

I hear what you're saying about the price, and to be honest we put a ton of work into this game (over 800 hours) to make sure that you get 3 - 5 hours of solid gameplay out of it. We felt like we would pay $2.99 for how much fun it is, and how much play time you get out of it.

We're also going to have a major update coming soon that will add another game mode once you have completed all of the levels and challenges.

To answer your question about achievements, there are currently 17, and we will be adding many more as we continue to update the game.

RAMPS!! Previously iPhone Game of the Week on the App Store.
"... a simple and stylish physics puzzler that you won't want to put down." - Apple

COMING 10/11/12: Lotsa Blocks!

http://lotsablocks.com
12-23-2010, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2elan View Post
Hey guys, thanks for checking out Ramps!

I hear what you're saying about the price, and to be honest we put a ton of work into this game (over 800 hours) to make sure that you get 3 - 5 hours of solid gameplay out of it. We felt like we would pay $2.99 for how much fun it is, and how much play time you get out of it.

We're also going to have a major update coming soon that will add another game mode once you have completed all of the levels and challenges.

To answer your question about achievements, there are currently 17, and we will be adding many more as we continue to update the game.
I think most developers feel that way about their games. But the Appstore is unforgiving. At $1, you could expect a lot of sales, as the premise of your game is interesting. $2, even. But $3? That's the point when a lot of people go and think "Do I really want this?" or "Is this really what I should be spending my money on?". Then they go buy Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, and Osmos, all proven high-quality physics-based games collectively on sale for the price of your app.

Anyways, I would recommend a Christmas sale at the very least. If only for one day, if only at $2. Then you could get more Toucharcaders to go for it.

Of course, all this is IMO. Do what you will.

Last edited by ikemike; 12-23-2010 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Niceness
12-23-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikemike View Post
I'm sorry to break it to you, but most developers feel that way. But that just isn't how the appstore works right now. I can guarantee you you will not have many sales. At $1, you could expect many sales, as the premise of your game is at least interesting. $2, even. But $3? That's the point when most people go and think "Do I really want this?" or "Is this really what I should be spending my money on?". Then they go buy Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, and Osmos, all proven high-quality physics-based games collectively on sale for the price of your app.

You must understand there are scarce opportunities to make money on the app store right now. Anyways, I would recommend a Christmas sale at the very least. If only for one day, if only to $2. Then you could get more Toucharcaders to go for it.

Of course, all this is IMO. Do what you will.
Great summary, that's how I feel as well.

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
12-23-2010, 12:53 PM
I don't see an issue with the price but it would be nice if there was a lite or a gameplay video.
12-31-2010, 07:05 AM
on sale for $2
anyone who played this already? Still on my wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatusernameistaken
There's this thing they invented way back in the 80's, it's called a "Joke". You may want to look into it...
Instagram: i5_david, feel free to add me
12-31-2010, 08:20 AM
This looks really fun!

If anyone can confirm that this is not made using GameSalad and that the achievements are unlockable/accessible in-game without accessing Game Center, I will surely pick it up and leave impressions
12-31-2010, 11:48 AM
Yep, this is on sale, we're apart of the indie dev New Years App Blowout: http://newyearappblowout.com/

Touchgamer3g: Ramps was not made with GameSalad. I should know, I wrote the code, haha!

The game does require Game Center for achievements, though. Fortunately, it will save your achievement progress and still pop notifications when you earn an achievement, so if you turn Game Center on later, it will catch you up.

We really paid attention to detail with Ramps adding a few hidden easter eggs for achievements. If you try it out, make sure you play both during the day and at night. There's some pretty cool stuff that happens when you beat a level perfectly.

RAMPS!! Previously iPhone Game of the Week on the App Store.
"... a simple and stylish physics puzzler that you won't want to put down." - Apple

COMING 10/11/12: Lotsa Blocks!

http://lotsablocks.com