★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: REVIEWS!!!

***APPSPY.com***: "Unique Breakout-like style. Great electronic background music; synchs with gameplay. Pushes a lot of mental buttons; flashy visuals, large numbers, etc."

***INDIE GAME REVIEWER: 5 out of 5 I cant stress this enough: The GAME. COSTS. A BUCK. For a game this wildly engaging and entertaining.***

***INDIE THEORY If you're a sucker for massive scores, you'll certainly get them here.***

Drag Tag Smash successfully fuses action, music and puzzle elements together to create a simple, fun and pick-up and play game. The games goal is to drag the sphere to tag the invaders to smash them to smithereens.

Players must figure out how to use the sphere to break gaps in the enemy lines, using the games simple physics, to then ultimately score trillions as the game prides itself on its unique 3-tiered scoring system. This measures combinations of enemies tagged, totals of enemies destroyed and player ingenuity in dodging bullets. Drag Tag Smash also features a very dynamic electro soundtrack, which builds up with intensity, emotion and variety the more the player tags enemies to destroy them. Drag Tag Smash features:

Infinitely spawning enemies for infinitely massive scores.

Figure out how to score trillions with the Smash Score System, and post online to Facebook or Twitter to impress your friends.

The more you destroy, the more music you get; the Retro-Electro soundtrack is driven from destroying enemies.

The game dynamically changes its difficulty depending upon your actions.

Instant action with simple pick-up and play controls.

FOLLOW US :3
facebook.com/smashmouthgames
twitter.com/smashmouthgames
youtube.com/smashmouthgames

zubysan's comments:
Hi everyone,

On recommendation from my close friend Kev Ng who made Wordcrasher (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wordcrasher/id346537793?mt=8), we've joined Touch Arcade to hopefully tell you, the iPhone gaming community about our new game, DRAG TAG SMASH.

Drag Tag Smash is now available on the App Store and can be found here http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/drag-tag-smash/id408743207?mt=8 for a small price of $0.99/59p.

Drag Tag Smash successfully fuses action, music and puzzle elements together to create a simple, fun, pick-up and play game. The games goal is to drag the sphere to tag the invaders to smash them to smithereens. Old school fun, old school action!

Players must figure out how to use the sphere using the games simple physics to ultimately score trillions, as the game prides itself on its unique 3-tiered scoring system, which measures combinations, totals and player ingenuity.

Drag Tag Smash also features a very dynamic electro soundtrack, which builds up with intensity, emotion and variety the more the player tags enemies to destroy them. Drag Tag Smash features:

 Infinitely spawning enemies for infinitely massive scores.

 Figure out how to score trillions with the Smash Score System, and then post online to Facebook to impress your friends.

 The more you destroy, the more music you get; the Retro-Electro soundtrack is driven from destroying enemies.

 The game dynamically changes its difficulty depending upon your actions.

 Instant action with simple pick-up and play controls.

We would love it if you guys could give us some feedback. What would you like to see more of? We do like to listen to you, the gamers and our customers, so we can make the gaming experience better.

Also we would really appreciate good reviews on the App Store. They really help sales and for us, an Indie developer, this is invaluable. So if you like Drag Tag Smash and think other people should be playing it too, please, please, please give us a good review; we would really be appreciative of it.

You can visit SmashMouth Games at: www.smashmouthgames.com
You can visit the Drag Tag Smash site at: http://www.smashmouthgames.com/dragtagsmash.html

Many thanks and good gaming to you all,

Zuby

PS. My current high Score on 81007578665! Let me know if you beat it!
12-21-2010, 10:27 AM
Sweet game dude!

12-21-2010, 10:30 AM
Thanks Dude, keep blasting the game to beat my score!
12-21-2010, 10:50 AM
Do you have a video? Sounds cool but I don't really get how it plays.
12-21-2010, 11:05 AM
Game Impressions

Now here's a game that deserves some attention. Not sure how it's possible but, while seeing perfectly obvious references to games as ancient as Space Invaders and Arkanoid, this still somehow manages to feel remarkably fresh and like nothing I've played before.

Technically flawless.

@Developer: Great job, and please add:

Gamecenter and/or Openfeint.
More modes.
More power-ups.
12-21-2010, 11:21 AM
I think my eyes are bleeding. Must go check.

Adding to what Gabrien was saying, I see some Lumines influence in there too. Love me some Lumines!
12-21-2010, 11:28 AM
@ BazookaTime: Hey dude, please check out this beta video on youtube of the game and also videos of our other game Ongaku: http://www.youtube.com/user/SmashMou...s?feature=mhum

@Gabrien: Thanks for your kind words . We had to put aside the 'Master Server Mode' section of the game until we have a fanbase who wants more, then we can get it done. That mode has weapon slots, power nodes, unique bosses, mini games to name some of the features. We'll keep you posted on this, but just to let you know that an update is due soon which has the following:

- Re-worked tutorials to include game playing tips.

- Gaps in enemy lines to appear generate during game play to help players
get the ball through clusters of enemies.

- Better menu structure to get back into the action faster when replying
the game.

- Weapon icons to appear more prominently.

- Health status colour change from ‘blue-green-red’ to ‘blue-yellow-red’.

- ‘Smash Counter’ addition which will act as an indicator to when the next
4th beat of the music triggers and destroys any tagged enemies.

These updates we’re looking to get submitted as soon as possible for after
Christmas. I hope you and your friends enjoy the current version and if
you have any other comments, we’d be happy to hear them .

Cheers,

Zuby
12-27-2010, 10:55 AM
Crazy and brilliant game :)

Definitely worth a buy to get crazy scores and post them on Facebook. all for 59p, bargain!
12-28-2010, 02:48 PM
Hey Torsoboy, have you gotten in them high trillions yet? Let me know if you can get past 81007578665 as we're all trying to get past that at the mo.
12-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Have to say that this game deserves to get some more attention. It really defies description. It's sort of a cross between a brick breaking game and a Space Invaders game, but that's selling it short. Your sphere is kind of elastic and combos are based on how many enemies you can hit with it before smashing them. I was confused at first concentrating entirely on hitting back the sphere like in a brick breaker. That can lose combos but if you move around just to hit the ball and don't pay attention to enemy fire, you are going to fail.

Great, original gameplay that requires skill and paying attention to multiple things to get high scores. Only thing I'd like to see is Gamecenter (not a Facebook fan). Hope this does well!