★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Accidentally deleted a game file; any way to get it back?

12-21-2010, 02:18 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Accidentally deleted a game file; any way to get it back?

Since in "eden" you can delete the game so easy, I was just throwing my ipod around, and deleted it. $&(*%&#$(%&$(*%& I took forever on it too
Is there any way to get it back?
Like manipulating files, backups, etc.?
12-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Just download it again, and there should be a prompt telling you it's free because you downloaded it before.

12-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGSaxon View Post
Just download it again, and there should be a prompt telling you it's free because you downloaded it before.
I think he means a game file within a game, not redownloading the app.

To the OP: I doubt there is any way to get it back unless you restore from a previous backup you h ad saved on iTunes. If you havn't done this in a while, simply put, you're f*cked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelperMonkey View Post
Conservatives hate liberals because they think that liberals think they're stupid.

Liberals hate conservatives because they think that they're stupid.
Win.
12-21-2010, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGSaxon View Post
I'm pretty sure this works.
12-21-2010, 08:15 PM
guess that would be impossible to recover the savedata...
when i was in college, my roommate accidentally deleted my SuperRobotWar savedata, and i went mad...awful experience.
12-22-2010, 07:01 AM
Is it possible? Yes. When you 'delete' something, it is not actually deleted, only that the operating systems writes that this file is not here. This is because flash memory can be only rewritten a number of times before breaking, and next time something needs to be stored, it will overwrite something that is 'deleted'.

You can recover the data back, but I don't think it will be worth the trouble.
12-22-2010, 09:19 AM
If you sync your device frequently, you may be able to get the saved game back by performing a Restore in iTunes.

XCoolApps.com, My Fiverrr Gig
GameCenter ID: XCool
Please mention TouchArcade (and SF IV Volt or COD:BO Zombies) when sending a request.