★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Freemium IAP Poll

View Poll Results: Do you buy IAP for freemium games?
Yes 4 10.26%
No 35 89.74%
What is an IAP? 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll
12-21-2010, 03:31 PM
Freemium IAP Poll

Freemium gaining ground on the App Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
I tend to think the people against IAP are one of the most vocal minorities I've ever seen. If the majority of people hated IAP, the top grossing lists wouldn't be littered with freemium titles.
http://appshopper.com/bestsellers/ga...=price&dir=asc iPhone has 56 freemium games in the Top 200 grossing

http://appshopper.com/bestsellers/ga...=price&dir=asc There are none for the iPad in the Top 200 grossing

Curious how true that is now. Do you buy IAP for freemium games?
12-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Heh, a couple of days ago I was wondering what IAP meant, found out it was In App Purchase(s).

Twitter: @azuvidexus

12-21-2010, 03:36 PM
It only means one thing. iPad owners are Smart(er)

Or maybe they got nothing left after splurging on the iPad :P
12-21-2010, 03:38 PM
I think people are kind of obsessing a little too much on this topic... IAP are going to happen and freemium games are going to reign over the app store no matter what. I understand you are just curious about it all but I dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelperMonkey View Post
Conservatives hate liberals because they think that liberals think they're stupid.

Liberals hate conservatives because they think that they're stupid.
Win.
12-21-2010, 03:38 PM
Ever since Eliminate Pro started the trend..no thanks.
12-22-2010, 02:00 PM
0-9

That confirms it.
12-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Freemium IAPs are devs sucking money out people who don't know better.

biscuits/crops/levels/berries/cats/dogs > Aralon/infinity blade/real racing/world of goo??

Anyone with decent taste in games knows that's not true, it's not even about opinion.

IAPs that actually enhance gameplay are more than ok, and I pay up in games that are worth it. I'll never ever spend real money on fake money though. If I wanted fake money I think I have a few thousand monopoly dollars in my closet for free
12-23-2010, 12:27 AM
IAP is starting to go to far in my opinion I have a app I bought at 2,99 you have probably heard of called awareness! it sounded good in theory but never really worked right despite this people were forgiving and waited patiently for updates to fix the issues myself included and it had mainly positive feedback on the store.

Yesterday the update dropped and the developer thought it would be a good idea to charge for absolutely everything in the options menu while fixing none of the problems needless to say it now has a 1 star review from myself and others are starting to follow suit.

They might get some morons who click buy but they are going to end up with a one star application most people will avoid and I'm glad as far as I'm concerned they ripped me off.

Most of the high ranking freemium games are there due to trickery and have been bashed for it in the uk media things like this will eventually push people away from the app store altogether in my opinion.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out
12-23-2010, 12:41 AM
I hate freemium games and avoid them like the plague.
12-23-2010, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMc99 View Post
Freemium gaining ground on the App Store

http://appshopper.com/bestsellers/ga...=price&dir=asc iPhone has 56 freemium games in the Top 200 grossing

http://appshopper.com/bestsellers/ga...=price&dir=asc There are none for the iPad in the Top 200 grossing

Curious how true that is now. Do you buy IAP for freemium games?
I think it's because kids don't own iPads.