★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Coresoft Inc.
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 22.7 MB
  • Version: 2.1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Abble Dabble is the revolution of crossword games with classic word play with a new twist. Expand your game. It's like yoga for your mind.

Moving Bonus Tiles: Crossword strategy jumps to the next level with the option of moving bonuses. Can you out-maneuver your opponent to tap the best combination of bonuses?
Or play on a traditional static board choosing from several bonus patterns.

Random Bonus Tile mode You dont have to worry about setting up your opponent in this mode; and youll always have a shot at the bonus tiles yourself.

Realtime Spell Checking: See your words light up green right on the board when they are good.

Worldwide Leaderboards track your wins, ties, losses, high game and word scores.

No wait when starting a game. As soon as you hit New Game you get to play.

1 to 4 players supported for games against friends or random opponents.

Play up to 25 games at a time.

Sandbox mode Challenge yourself to make the highest scoring word and game possible. Mix and match the bonus tile options.

Balanced tray option so you always get a mix of vowels and consonants and never get stuck with all vowels or consonants again!

Chat without having to leave the game and even use emoticons.

Drag and drop tiles with dynamic zoom to view your progress.

Quick LOOKUP for two-letter words for your tray along with a spell checker for when you dont have the tiles to spell on the board.

Experiment when it is not your turn! You still get to see what words are valid and what score you could earn.

Remaining Tiles Quickly see what letters are still available and the number of tiles left on your opponents tray right on the main board.

Move History so you can see every word that was played and how it scored.

See the rotation pattern of the bonuses right on the board simply by touching the screen for a few seconds.

Lightning fast servers so you can play as quickly as you want.

Visit us www.coresoft.com
Follow us www.twitter.com/coresoft
Like us www.facebook.com/coresoft
Like Abble Dabble www.facebook.com/abbledabblegame

swuth's comments:
The best word game on the app store is now available as a paid app with no "commercial interruptions". Get it here

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/abbledabble/id409489109?mt=8


(This is an announcement from Coresoft, makers of Abble Dabble, simply the best word game on the app store).
12-24-2010, 12:51 AM
#2
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 18
I highly recommend this one for scrabble fans. It has an unique twist with the dynamic board and a cool feature with the real time spell checker. It also has leader boards and up to 4 player online with friends or random opponents.

01-03-2011, 05:29 PM
#3
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 292
I paid for this app, and it has ads at the bottom. That should be disclosed by the developer!
01-06-2011, 12:16 AM
#4
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,609
This game is great! I used to play Words With Friends all the time until I found this. I have some suggestions though...

Retina support! It may not seem like a big deal but after playing retina games and coming back to AbbleDabble, it looks pretty bad...

Also, the ability to choose people you know AND random opponents in one game! Right now it seems to be one or the other...

Sometimes when I come back to the game, the board is blank.. is this a known issue? Exiting out and coming back always fixes it, but still..


Overall I am loving this game though. Something needs to be done to get more people playing! I keep getting the same 4 or 5 people in every game!
01-06-2011, 08:47 PM
#5
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdiss View Post
This game is great! I used to play Words With Friends all the time until I found this. I have some suggestions though...

Retina support! It may not seem like a big deal but after playing retina games and coming back to AbbleDabble, it looks pretty bad...

Also, the ability to choose people you know AND random opponents in one game! Right now it seems to be one or the other...

Sometimes when I come back to the game, the board is blank.. is this a known issue? Exiting out and coming back always fixes it, but still..


Overall I am loving this game though. Something needs to be done to get more people playing! I keep getting the same 4 or 5 people in every game!
First let me say thanks for the great review!

We will be adding Retina support in a future update, we have been concentrating on getting the iPad version out (which just got approved !)

Random and Friends is a great idea! We will look into that.

We will look into the blank board issue.

Thanks again for the great review, tell your friends! We really believe in this game and would LOVE to beat WWF and S???bble in the charts!
01-06-2011, 10:27 PM
#6
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,609
Thanks for responding! As someone who spent more time with Words With Friends than just about any other game on my phone, I have no trouble stating that AbbleDabble is superior. 4 player matches is genius, and it all works so well. I was one of the people who snatched a promo code a few days ago and I left a great review for ya in the appstore.

I can't believe this game isn't more popular! Hopefully after a while it'll pick up more steam. I'm sure adding an iPad version and retina support will help though, and I can't wait!

So anyway, keep up the great work!

PS - Thanks for addressing my suggestion regarding random + friends 4 player support! My girlfriend and I want to play together with other people!
01-07-2011, 07:17 PM
#7
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 63
thanks!

Mind if we quote you on the app-store? What name would you like us to use (sweetdis) or something else?
01-07-2011, 07:20 PM
#8
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdiss View Post
Thanks for responding! As someone who spent more time with Words With Friends than just about any other game on my phone, I have no trouble stating that AbbleDabble is superior. 4 player matches is genius, and it all works so well. I was one of the people who snatched a promo code a few days ago and I left a great review for ya in the appstore.

I can't believe this game isn't more popular! Hopefully after a while it'll pick up more steam. I'm sure adding an iPad version and retina support will help though, and I can't wait!

So anyway, keep up the great work!

PS - Thanks for addressing my suggestion regarding random + friends 4 player support! My girlfriend and I want to play together with other people!
Yeah, we emailed codes to TouchArcade but they haven't done a full review yet. Maybe you could ask them nicely as an "outsider"
01-08-2011, 10:03 PM
#9
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by swuth View Post
Mind if we quote you on the app-store? What name would you like us to use (sweetdis) or something else?
Absolutely! You can just use SweetDiss if you want!
01-09-2011, 03:53 PM
#10
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,714
Thanks for the code earlier, just left a review. Nice game, definitely a fun "twist" on Scrabble. I like how you rotate the board between plays to allow for different bonuses, but also that you can choose the pattern that rotates. Of course, some won't like the rotation feature, so I'm glad there is the option to leave it as a static board. I really like that you have both an iPhone and iPad version available so that I can continue a game on either device.

One suggestion is a confirm on the Quick Match - it may cut down on inadvertent joining. And if possible, remove the ads on the main screen in the paid version (though they do not interfere with actual gameplay).

Overall, very nice game and it looks like there are a lot more players being added.