★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Redshift
  • Genre: Role Playing
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 13.1 MB
  • Version: 18.7
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The Quest - Attack from Asteroids is an expansion to The Quest, a beautifully hand-drawn, immersive and enchanting world full of exciting challenges. After enabling the expansion, you can continue to play The Quest with your existing character(s) to explore new areas and quests. However, if you don't have The Quest, you can also play the expansion as a standalone game.

You're on Captain Hanty's ship when suddenly the stars blow up around you. You sense a summons and feel great pain as you are sucked through the Abyss into another place and time. You have been called to the Asteroids once again. The Elemental Lord awaits you...

You thought you killed Hemma but you only sent him to the Astral Plain -- he's back and has assembled a horror show of creatures who have captured the Asteroid Mage. It's your mission to save her, but -- you know the drill -- it's not going to be easy. There are monsters who love to hate you and puzzles and traps. It's all in a day's work.

To access the new areas (not applicable if you are playing the expansion standalone), go to Mithria harbor and talk to captain Hanty, then select "Attack" as your travel destination. It is recommended to reach at least level 58 before trying to take on the challenges of this new expansion. Please note that after you have traveled to your destination, you'll have no way back for a while (except if you have Marked a spot), so it is also recommended that you keep a save in Mithria.

The game uses File Sharing in iTunes. You can save and restore your save game files (named "TheQuestSaveX.pdb", where X can be 0 to 20) using iTunes (go to the Apps/File Sharing section when your device is plugged in)

The Quest - Attack from Asteroids has been developed by Zarista Games (www.catacomber.com) and was adapted to iPhone by Redshift.
12-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Ohh, fun! I love the way they handle saved games and what-not.

HTML Code:
<name> Noah <!-- @lifesalich -->
<member since> Sept. 2008 <!-- that's 7+ years -->
<title> Sr. Web Developer <!-- NBA.com -->

12-21-2010, 05:18 PM
Awesome. I still have to get my character high enough to play the first Asteroids though, but...I will get there. If it takes me years, I will get there.

I wonder what the suggested starting level is for this?

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
12-21-2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks Redshift! I will be picking this up tonight, although it will have to wait until I finish Aralon
12-21-2010, 07:09 PM
I can't even figure out what ones I already have. Now another one? Crazy!!

Add me to your Game Center .... Lacedolphin
12-21-2010, 09:53 PM
If you land there in the night-time, wait until dawn to talk to the Elemental Lord and to leave the Phosphorus Islands.

: )

Just a hint. : ) Where the Elemental Lord was a god you saved in Asteroids I, he still is in II but in II he took human form to make you feel more comfortable with his presence.

As a human he is subject to the human rules---invisible in the nighttime, resting in his plush bed under a down comforter at night. : )

We hope you will like the new graphics and the gameplay. : )

This is a high level game and should follow if you've played HOLIV.

Entrance is from Mithria.

I think the file-sharing is a nice feature:

"The game uses File Sharing in iTunes. You can save and restore your save game files (named "TheQuestSaveX.pdb", where X can be 0 to 20) using iTunes (go to the Apps/File Sharing section when your device is plugged in)."

Last edited by Catacomber; 12-21-2010 at 10:07 PM.
12-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
Awesome. I still have to get my character high enough to play the first Asteroids though, but...I will get there. If it takes me years, I will get there.

I wonder what the suggested starting level is for this?
Recommended starting level is about level 58. This is a high level dungeon. : )
12-21-2010, 10:04 PM
Thanks by the way to all the loyal fans who are playing --- you're what keeps us making expansions. And we also hope some new fans will enjoy the Quest and its expansions. : ) Get the base game, get yourself some gear and get your quests on!! : )
12-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Someone asked me how to smelt ore---

You need to talk to Tumin the Blacksmith in New Magica and do his quest, then, if you have the ability and the right amount of each ore, you can talk to the Smelting Genies ---- if you hit the smelting cauldrons that are there!

But to get into the Smelting Factory, you have to do the quest for Oddhulk in that area and you need high strength.

: )
12-30-2010, 07:29 AM
Great! Another Quest expansion! Now I know what to do on New Year eve

Thanks Catacomber!