★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A new version of the app has been released.
The details are as follows:

[Supported devices]
The iOS 9.0 is now supported.
As a result, the compatibility requirements will undergo the following changes:

Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch or iPad, iOS 4.3 or later

Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch or iPad, iOS 6.0 or later

Note that after installing the upgrade, devices utilizing iOS 5.x or earlier
will be unable to redownload the app or upgrade it again.

[Bug fixes]
Fixed various bugs within the app.

The second installment in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series for iPhone/iPod touch!
This game is an updated version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms II part of the classic, long-running Romance of the Three Kingdoms historical simulation series. Players take on the role of heroes such as Cao Cao, Liu Bei or Sun Quan, leading famous generals into battle in an effort to unite the country. Featuring a variety of improvements over the previous game in the series, RTK Touch, players can experience the heart pounding drama of the warriors of the Three Kingdoms.

1. Packed with features that bring the Three Kingdoms to life!
This sequel to RTK Touch features a wealth of gameplay elements - tactics and diplomacy, military alliances and betrayals, and exciting battlefield duels have all been improved to provide an even more intense and immersive gaming experience. Over 350 officers are present - around 100 more than in RTK Touch. You must see this new RTK world to believe it!

2. New iPhone/iPod touch elements!
New features have been added specifically for the iPhone/iPod touch, such as auto-save, to make gaming on the move even easier, and iPod Music, to enable players to listen to music from their own playlists in-game. Presentation has also been improved and the graphics completely overhauled. Experience this all-new take on the classic Romance of the Three Kingdoms II!

3. A wealth of features to assist new players!
A solid tutorial allows new players to learn about the game while playing, and the RTK Glossary provides details on the world of the Three Kingdoms. The game also features smooth and intuitive touch controls. New players can begin playing with ease!

*Supports English, Japanese, and Traditional & Simplified Chinese.
12-22-2010, 02:24 AM
How come it supports Simplified Chinese while Koei doesn't sell any of their games in the China app store?

iPad: First generation without wings.

12-22-2010, 04:27 AM
so does it have a campaign or story this time? And is it anymore complex or hardcore or still not scratch that itch totally fully?
12-22-2010, 06:15 AM
anyone care to review it before i burn my wallet for this.. thx
12-22-2010, 07:25 AM
I've always wanted to try this series, since I'm a fan of deep strategy games, but without a Lite or something to try first, I'm not going to spend that kind of money.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
12-22-2010, 07:37 AM
I played most of them on ps2 and love especially part 8 so I bought first one for iphone and lets just say it is/was rubbish.Iphone can handle much more than that.Presentation alone is awfull.
12-22-2010, 08:00 AM
not sure this version will only have one activity per session or more like the old RTK 2 on pc...
12-22-2010, 08:39 AM
What I really want to see is Genghis Khan released for the Ipad. I played that game for weeks on end on the NES.
12-29-2010, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfly3r View Post
not sure this version will only have one activity per session or more like the old RTK 2 on pc...
It seems to me that now you have INFINITE activities per turn, unless you choose to end your turn.
02-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Has anyone actually put this through its paces yet? I wasn't even aware this sequel had come out. I would love to know if it improves upon the original in any way. Thinking about picking up this or Nobunaga's Ambition; NA's historical basis appeals to me more, but this one seems like it has more depth. I would really love it if I could actually affect the outcomes of battles (doesn't seem possible in NA).

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms