★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Openfeint's FIRE-SALE

12-22-2010, 04:39 AM
Openfeint's FIRE-SALE

Hey guys,

title says it... what is it? why was it age of zombies? where can I vote?
This looks really interesting since I always thought of such an service additional to the whole freeappstuff around

Quote:
In collaboration with OpenFeint's Fire Sale, Age of Zombies has been chosen by players just like YOU to GO ON SALE for a limited time only.
(http://appshopper.com/games/age-of-zombies)

Downloaded the OF app but I dont find the vote button there, any ideas or insights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatusernameistaken
There's this thing they invented way back in the 80's, it's called a "Joke". You may want to look into it...
Instagram: i5_david, feel free to add me
12-22-2010, 04:42 AM
Voting via Open Feint official app,

Twitter: @niezam - Game Center: niezam

12-22-2010, 04:51 AM
yeah I know that but I dont find the vote button or a form where I can put my vote in or anything similar!? Are the votes made via the comment box below !?

Quote:
There's this thing they invented way back in the 80's, it's called a "Joke". You may want to look into it...
12-22-2010, 05:41 AM
Currently OpenFeint has done three "Fire Sales" with our Age of Zombies being the third. Basically OF asks a developer (or vice-versus) if they'd be willing to drop the price of an App if they could show there was enough user demand for it, which we were.

So Age of Zombies went up on their Game Chanel app and over the course of about 1.5 days people would vote that they want our app to drop price, after receiving 3000 votes it reached it's target goal and bam we dropped the price.

Luckily for punters this coincides with the "AppStore Lockout" so we HAVE to keep the price at 0.99c for 1 week minimum until December 29th!... MERRY CHRISTMAS

Currently OF is just doing one app at a time, so you’re not voting on a range of apps and having the one winner drop... I'm not sure if that will come later.

Michael Dobele, Exec. Producer at Halfbrick.
Twitter - mdobele
GameCentre- Mikasaurus OFeint- Mikzor
Halfbrick
12-22-2010, 06:52 AM
ah, many thanks for clarification and thanks for the sale
so OF or the dev will offer ONE app in the gamechannel sectio for which you can vote if you like. That makes sense, exciting, like the concept!

Quote:
12-22-2010, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Dobele View Post
Currently OpenFeint has done three "Fire Sales" with our Age of Zombies being the third. Basically OF asks a developer (or vice-versus) if they'd be willing to drop the price of an App if they could show there was enough user demand for it, which we were.

So Age of Zombies went up on their Game Chanel app and over the course of about 1.5 days people would vote that they want our app to drop price, after receiving 3000 votes it reached it's target goal and bam we dropped the price.

Luckily for punters this coincides with the "AppStore Lockout" so we HAVE to keep the price at 0.99c for 1 week minimum until December 29th!... MERRY CHRISTMAS

Currently OF is just doing one app at a time, so you’re not voting on a range of apps and having the one winner drop... I'm not sure if that will come later.
just brought this great game, passed all level , will there be new levels in the future?

cut the zombies !!kill zombies with your finger!
12-22-2010, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxinzi View Post
just brought this great game, passed all level , will there be new levels in the future?
I've done 3 AoZ updates in less than 2 months.... I think you know Halfbricks and my own stance on supporting our titles.

I've already started work on the next major update ... but I don't want to de-rail this OpenFeint FireSale thread to be just about Age of Zombies so if you have any other questions chuck them in our thread and I'll try to answer them there. Glad you liked the game!

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...Age+of+Zombies

Michael Dobele, Exec. Producer at Halfbrick.
Twitter - mdobele
GameCentre- Mikasaurus OFeint- Mikzor
Halfbrick