★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Basketball Arena v1.0 (by Clap Entertainment) - Promo Codes

12-22-2010, 09:53 AM
Basketball Arena v1.0 (by Clap Entertainment) - Promo Codes

We are giving away promo codes for our game. All we ask is you post in this topic a review of it, and a review and rating on AppStore.

We want as much feedback as possible to improve our game. Be constructive please.

If you're interested, please ask in this topic for a code and it will be PMed to you shortly after.
Thanks for your colaboration.

Last edited by clapdiv; 12-22-2010 at 10:09 AM.
12-22-2010, 10:21 AM
pm me one, i will post a review later.

12-22-2010, 10:22 AM
Send me a PM, I've got plenty of free time to review it
12-22-2010, 10:50 AM
My Review

This game is surprisingly addictive with a huge feel of realism to it, out of all the sports apps on the app store I can safely say this has the most realistic physics system out of all of them - it feels and acts like a real basketball!

The developer has told me that there is an issue with the Retina Display compatibility, but this can easily be worked around as it simply means the screens are too small in places and this will surely be fixed in an update.

The 3 game modes are simple: Free Mode, Duel and Timed Mode, I feel as though a description of these modes would be necessary in app as I kinda had to guess what the rules were, although I really think Duel has potential and had lots of fun playing this with one of my mates.

I feel as though after fixing the Retina Display bug and after adding a much needed tutorial/help screen, this app will be complete and be a proper contender in the App Store!

*End of Review*

For some reason it won't let me post this on the App Store, but I will as soon as possible
12-22-2010, 11:03 AM
I would like to try this game out. I will leave a review. Looks nice
Thank you

Follow me on Twitter: @jumpman475
Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
Need a Writer? I'm your man. Send me a PM.
12-22-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamEvans View Post
My Review

This game is surprisingly addictive with a huge feel of realism to it, out of all the sports apps on the app store I can safely say this has the most realistic physics system out of all of them - it feels and acts like a real basketball!

The developer has told me that there is an issue with the Retina Display compatibility, but this can easily be worked around as it simply means the screens are too small in places and this will surely be fixed in an update.

The 3 game modes are simple: Free Mode, Duel and Timed Mode, I feel as though a description of these modes would be necessary in app as I kinda had to guess what the rules were, although I really think Duel has potential and had lots of fun playing this with one of my mates.

I feel as though after fixing the Retina Display bug and after adding a much needed tutorial/help screen, this app will be complete and be a proper contender in the App Store!

*End of Review*

For some reason it won't let me post this on the App Store, but I will as soon as possible
Thanks for the feedback!

Update:

- The Retina display support is finished.
- New game mode added. More info soon.
- About the help system, we believe you're right and we'll start working on it asap.
12-22-2010, 11:35 AM
It's great to see that some developers actually listen to user feedback AND act upon it, keep it up
12-22-2010, 04:46 PM
ok, so i got some time to play your game.
At first i was a little sceptical about it, "oh another swipe game", but after playing it i realized its more than that. it is definitely the best basketball game on the market and the physics are very well implemented.
Like other member said, lacks a little info about the modes but i had no trouble with menus on my 3gs.
Overall i had fun playing it, hope to see the new game modes...

keep up the work!
12-22-2010, 04:51 PM
Yes please!
12-22-2010, 06:22 PM
We're fixing all issues and implementing some new features based on all reviews we've been having. Thanks everyone for the feedback until now.

Meanwhile, we still have PROMO CODES to give away to anyone willing to try the game and post a small review. We're very interesting in hearing as much people as possible so we can get as much content on the next update as possible!