★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Besiegement?

10-27-2008, 02:21 PM
Besiegement?

Hey guys,
There's a new tower defense game out called Besiegement! I'm considering a purchase, so if anyone's already bought it, what do you think?
10-27-2008, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McChikun View Post
Hey guys,
There's a new tower defense game out called Besiegement! I'm considering a purchase, so if anyone's already bought it, what do you think?
It has zombies! I might have to buy this.

I found this too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxW9MNLyu4k
(Make sure your volume is up. The dev is listening to Locomotion ).

The graphics and sounds aren't tat great, but there seems to be a lot of gameplay.

It has a speed setting too. That's something I wish Fieldrunners had, for those waves that you know you won, but you have to sit and watch the whole thing play out.

Despite the graphics, this looks promising.

10-27-2008, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post

Despite the graphics, this looks promising.
Agreed the graphics are a turndown but ill still consider purchasing it.

"Insert generic signature here"
10-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Yeah, the story mode, with varied maps and enemies, make this game look like a worthwhile purchase, despite the graphics. Those two features, at the very least, distinguish it from Mote-M and Fieldrunners.
10-27-2008, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McChikun View Post
Yeah, the story mode, with varied maps and enemies, make this game look like a worthwhile purchase, despite the graphics. Those two features, at the very least, distinguish it from Mote-M and Fieldrunners.
As much as I love Fieldrunners, I have to agree.

I think I'm going to try it. It looks like a lot of game for $4. I've been enjoying some of the old school games with crappy graphics in the app store lately.
10-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
It has zombies! I might have to buy this.
it also has cows, poor defensless cows in which you slaughter mercelessly as they try to cross the field

this might be fun
10-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Ok so i picked it up, ill post a review once my plane lands

"Insert generic signature here"
10-27-2008, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloneWars View Post
Ok so i picked it up, ill post a review once my plane lands
Did you land yet??? I gotta know if it's worth it. I got an itchy finger
10-27-2008, 06:04 PM
I just picked it up too. I'll jot down some thoughts in a bit.
10-27-2008, 06:33 PM
So, I've played through a few of the first levels of Besiegement, and I've gotta say, it's better than I expected. The screen caps of the game really make the game look, graphics-wise, worse than it actually is. Everything moves at a decent clip, and even better, there's the option to fast-forward the pace of the game, an option sorely missed in Fieldrunners and Mote-M.

This game is your typical tower defense fare, featuring (as far as I can tell) 10 towers that can be upgraded something like 6 times. Unlike Fieldrunners and Mote-M, however, which basically leave you a wide-open field, letting you maze the enemies however you please, the enemies in this game follow a set path. This game also features what, at least at this point, seems to be a lengthy Story Mode, with each stage featuring a different map and varied enemies.

Although I'm only a bit into the game, it seems a bit too easy so far. Here's hoping that it'll get more difficult in the later stages. The ability to zoom in and out of the map would be useful, although, interestingly enough, when you move to place a tower, the game automatically zooms in to a set level, presumably to help with placing it. It's a bit disorienting, although not a big deal.

Overall, I'd say that this game is easily recommendable for fans of the TD genre. As described above, it is unique enough to distinguish itself from Fieldrunners and Mote-M, both great TD games in their own right. Unlike some other releases, this game seems to be bug-free upon release, making it a safe buy, rather than an investment (hoping for the developer to fix problems with updates) at $4.