★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Xachi: Command MP - FREE until January 1! - by Taptic Toys, Inc (Indie Developers)

12-23-2010, 01:42 AM
Xachi: Command MP - FREE until January 1! - by Taptic Toys, Inc (Indie Developers)

Hey guys,

My name is Romina. My friend and I started a company called Taptic Toys, Inc. We created an electronic plush toy that connects wirelessly with your iOS device called XachiPet. (:

Xachi: Command MP is our first real dive into game development. These are all original characters that live in the XachiPet world. We created the game to build traction for our toy that we are planning to release in 2011. We made an HTML5 website with a multiplayer mini-game to promote Xachi: Command - xachipet.com/command

I really like the forums here. We're running this startup on a shoestring budget so I'd appreciate some feedback from you guys. :>

HTML5 Promo Website: xachipet.com/command
Promo Video: http://youtu.be/nTpX6U4pqho

Romina Espinosa
xachipet.com
rominaespinosa.com
Follow me on Twitter ^_^

Last edited by rominaespinosa; 12-23-2010 at 01:55 AM.
12-23-2010, 03:00 AM
I we'll check this our

12-23-2010, 03:59 AM
I like it
good use of the touch screen control.
12-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Thanks! We're anxious to know everyone's feedback on here. We've been working on the game for almost 6 months!

Romina Espinosa
xachipet.com
rominaespinosa.com
Follow me on Twitter ^_^
12-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Send a message via AIM to Sparks
Nice!

Check out my newest game 'Tiled': 'Tiled' (iTunes)
12-23-2010, 12:48 PM
After spending an hour with this game, I can say that this definitely fun, and one of the best free games that I've played recently. Gameplay conssts of line drawing to move, and tap to shoot. If I have to have a complaint, it would be that the game is too easy. I made it to level 18 without losing a life and have my shots regenerate within seconds. The multiplayer feature is cool, as is th included blitz mode to add some variety to the gameplay. The included story book is cute, and the art is clean and simple. Kudos for making the game universal.

I did however experience a bug once; At the end of level five I tapped the screen or something and the continue button stopped working. Luckily I was able to go back to the home menu and hit resume from level 6.

12-23-2010, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
After spending an hour with this game, I can say that this definitely fun, and one of the best free games that I've played recently. Gameplay conssts of line drawing to move, and tap to shoot. If I have to have a complaint, it would be that the game is too easy. I made it to level 18 without losing a life and have my shots regenerate within seconds. The multiplayer feature is cool, as is th included blitz mode to add some variety to the gameplay. The included story book is cute, and the art is clean and simple. Kudos for making the game universal.

I did however experience a bug once; At the end of level five I tapped the screen or something and the continue button stopped working. Luckily I was able to go back to the home menu and hit resume from level 6.
Wow! That's great that you played that long. (:

We wanted to make the game challenging enough for adults to play, but our target audience is younger so we also wanted to cater to them. It is pretty easy to get to even level 25, but the game does get harder and there's 100 levels!

Thanks for letting us know about the bug. We'll try to recreate it and see what's up. We really appreciate the feedback. We want to create a great experience for our users.

Romina Espinosa
xachipet.com
rominaespinosa.com
Follow me on Twitter ^_^
12-24-2010, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
Nice!
Thanks! We're glad you liked it. (:

Romina Espinosa
xachipet.com
rominaespinosa.com
Follow me on Twitter ^_^
12-24-2010, 02:23 PM
I forgot to mention that we are featured in the App store!!!
New & Noteworthy in Arcade and in Kids for both iPhone and iPad!!

I can't believe I forgot to write that. (:

Romina Espinosa
xachipet.com
rominaespinosa.com
Follow me on Twitter ^_^