★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

03-23-2009, 06:59 PM

Hi all,

I looked around for a bit, trying to find the obligatory "Introduce Yourself Here" thread. I didn't see it, so forgive me if this is going in the wrong place.

I'm an aspiring iPhone game developer - Computer Science background (taught in the completely-useless-in-the-game-industry language of Java). I'm a graduate from USC's Interactive Media department, and currently work as a game designer at an Alternate Reality Game company in Southern California. So, like many of you (I assume), I do my programming at night after I get home, and try to convince my girlfriend that I'm not ignoring her.

I'm a big fan of these forums - It's one of the more concise places online I've found, for iPhone people.
03-23-2009, 08:21 PM
welcome to the forums. I hope the best for your upcoming apps, and I (along with a majority of the forums) look forward to seeing your apps in the appstore.

Playing: Hi How Are You, iBlast Moki, Rolando, ScareCrow, and all of my Plus+ games.
ngmoco:] Plus+ ID: Danlipson
Challenge Me!
PM me for free video editing of... anything
03-24-2009, 02:35 AM
Welcome to the forums. What type of app's are you thinking of creating may I ask?
03-24-2009, 01:06 PM
Games, pretty much. That's my background.

The first one I'm working on, I'm really trying to take advantage of the fact that the device is a phone, and having the game bleed the 4th wall a bit, and make people feel like the game world is real.