★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: LITTLE TOYS WITH BIG PROBLEMS!

FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME

WHAT IN TARNATION IS THIS GAME?
Trouble in Tin Town is a strategy game with wind-up toys your mom would never have approved of. The game features three campaigns where you take charge of a toy army and battle other toys in the context of hilarious stories of a quality not seen any where else on the app store.

Each unique toy has special attacks that can be upgraded with coins earned during play. New characters become unlocked as levels are completed.

Special items are found throughout the game such as treasure chests for extra coins and hazards that can be used for strategy such as bee trees, alligator bridges and giant squid.

A new brand of fun and humor is in town bringing turn-based strategy to the masses!

Gameplay video: http://youtube.com/jovianminds

What people are saying:

Its clear from the word 'go' that developer Jovian Minds has paid a lot of attention to environment and atmosphere. Menus and units look as though they've been taken from a wind-up toy set, and the witty mid-battle dialogue gently mocks each toy's real-life counterpart. - PocketGamer

There are currently three different campaigns to complete, each with their own set of unique wind-up toys and environments to enjoy. The game is also highlighted by clever dialogue exchanges that are in keeping with the toys and characters they represent, resulting in a fun storyline that's enjoyable from start to finish. - AppSpy

We look forward to whatever updates are coming down the pipeline, as Trouble in Tin Town has the potential to be one of the best strategy games on the App Store. - SlideToPlay

Get your feet off the table! - Mom

Now with Skirmish mode and Game Center achievements!

IF YOU HAVE READ THIS FAR THEN WHY STOP NOW?!

26 LEVELS OF KRA-A-ZEE, HYSTERICAL FUN

CAMPAIGN 1 - LINCOLNS DILEMMA (HISTORY IS HYSTERICAL)
Help Abraham Lincoln get to the bottom of a dispute between the Kandy Kingdom and The Best Forgotten Island. Crockett and Shakespeare lead the way in discovering a conspiracy where the very existence of Tin Town is in jeopardy.

CAMPAIGN 2 - THE CUPCAKES OF WRAITH
Play as The Best Forgotten Island creatures as Finneas T. Rex, the gentlemen detective dinosaur, attempts to solve the murder of Congo Jimmys beloved pet Ray Ray. Fight with Banana Bob the guerrilla warrior and Eddy The Sweaty Yeti.

CAMPAIGN 3 - MY KINGDOM FOR A T-REX
King Kandyhearts sweetheart, Sugar Sweet Lips has been kidnapped! The king enlists his favorite hit man, Tamale Bandito, to get her back. Cupcake Brawlers, Candy Cane Riflemen, Bubblegum Bears, and the unsettling Wax Lips wielding dual Gatling guns will help you win the day and discover the truth.

SKIRMISH MODE
Pick your favorite faction, your favorite level, your favorite enemy, tweak the settings and battle your toy heart out.

OTHER FEATURES
Game Center support with tons of achievements
All characters have strategic strengths and weaknesses
Choose to play each level in 'Easy' or 'Normal' difficulty mode
Cupcakes!
Strategic hazards
Fast, mass AI movement. No waiting!
Move your units fast, tap and go!
Game saves automatically after every turn

24 QUIRKY TOY CHARACTERS WITH AMAZING ABILITIES
Crocketts live raccoon hat flail
Shakespeares books, arrows and skulls
Lovecraft and his squid! (shudder)
Poe and his Nevermore Gun plus Tell-Tale Heart Attack
The Kandy Kings donut scepter glazes and confuses
Sprinkle punches, lollipops, bubble gum bear blow-pops
Dinosaur bad breath, horn blasts and sumo belly slaps
Rocket propelled bananas and hobo back-flip kicks
And many, many more!

Also check out the iPhone version!

OUR ENTERTAINMENT IS OPTIMIZED FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION
JovianMinds.com
TroubleInTinTown.com
facebook.com/jovianminds
twitter.com/jovianminds

goiMot's comments:

12-23-2010, 03:30 PM
This game looks really interesting. Quirky, to say the least, but very, very inventive in its storyline. I'm curious to see a gameplay video, and I'm certainly putting this high atop my wishlist !

Congrats on the release and good luck with sales !

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !

12-24-2010, 12:06 PM
It's on the top of my list, but no video = no sale.

Developers wh can't get their heads around this seem pretty damn obtuse.
12-24-2010, 05:45 PM
bought it, will play some later.
But, when you look in the Itouch section, there are some reviews for this game.
12-24-2010, 07:46 PM
We are working on the video.

The video is coming soon. We were not happy with earlier screen captures and have reworked it. I'll be sure and post a link here when it is ready.

I would love to hear some feedback from anyone that is playing it.

- Tin Town Developer
12-24-2010, 08:16 PM
A gameplay video could do the trick but if the gameplay of your game is good then a demo is perfect but at game release.

Too late for a demo it's too late even if the game is bind to last in App Store. The problem is the reviews and users reviews will already do the job then and if not your game will be forgotten by most and a too late demo will hardly wake up curiosity or any player.
12-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaGeorge View Post
The video is coming soon. We were not happy with earlier screen captures and have reworked it. I'll be sure and post a link here when it is ready.

I would love to hear some feedback from anyone that is playing it.

- Tin Town Developer
I am looking forward to seeing that gameplay video. Hopefully the video will be a hands on gameplay video and not a trailer so we can get a feel for the controls.

Any chance of releasing a lite version?
12-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Still didn't get around to play it..
too much to play, between work
12-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Trouble in Tin Town Video

Here is the Trouble in Tin Town promo video that includes in-game footage. Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2dCe_Yz5Ug
01-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Just downloaded this tonight - couldn't resist the whole concept; it's just too cool. I'll report back when I've had time to play.

Looking forward to chopping a few enemies to bits as old Abe !

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !