★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: RetroFlux
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 34.2 MB
  • Version: 1.5.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Ultrablast Special Edition is the IAP-flavored version of Ultrablast that offers two free levels.

Follow the story of four characters as they investigate the mysterious phenomenon affecting their home planet. Perhaps you will be able to solve the mystery. By shooting things. And lots of them.

Ultrablast is an oldschool frantic shoot'em up. Featuring Game Center, Retina Display, smooth gameplay, stats and achievements, and with an awesome neo-retro soundtrack!

Reviews:

"There are quite a few scrolling shooters to choose from on the App Store, and right off the bat Ultrablast sets itself among the best simply by getting so much right." - Gamasutra, FingerGaming, 4/5

"Ultrablast steps back from trying to be yet another arcade shmup title and throws in a simple, but effective combat system and storyline to keep you hooked till the end." - AppSpy, 4/5

"You need to just go buy this game. It is *extremely* well produced, like crazy", "Graphics are fantastic", "Every aspect of this game is really really well-polished" - TouchGen

Featured in Norway's biggest newspaper Dagbladet.

Connect with us!

retroflux.net
twitter.com/retroflux
facebook.com/retroflux

RetroFlux's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Hey dudes and dudettes,

Ultrablast Special Edition just got released with new features! It has retina display support, instant orb activation, community pages powered by PlayHaven, and more! Check it out! (It is free to DL)

It looks better, plays better and it's crispy!

If you have the original edition, no worries! All new features of SE will be coming to the original edition with a version update

If you don't have the original edition, it is time to check it out!

Feel free to check the official soundtrack too, it is now out! http://retroflux.bandcamp.com

Hope you enjoy it

Let us know what you think!

Here's a promo code to celebrate the launch!
"hohoho!" (without quotes)
This code unlocks the entire game.

The code can be used by 50 people, after which it will become invalid. To use it: Launch the game, go to System menu, and choose "Use Code", and type the code there!

Merry Christmas everyone!
12-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Thanks Retroflux, I'll give it a go. Happy Christmas back atcha
...Code not working for me though...? Am I missing something?? Bit of a shame as the game looks pretty cool actually. I am in the UK I know promocodes normally work but this in game one doesn't Took out the quotes as advised of course. Ah well.

Last edited by Bad Hanson; 12-23-2010 at 06:09 PM.

12-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Hanson View Post
Thanks Retroflux, I'll give it a go. Happy Christmas back atcha
...Code not working for me though...? Am I missing something?? Bit of a shame as the game looks pretty cool actually. I am in the UK I know promocodes normally work but this in game one doesn't Took out the quotes as advised of course. Ah well.
I think you need to be using WiFi for the code to work. Because they have to keep track of how many times it's been used.

Anyway, it didn't work for me until I connected to the Internet, and then it worked.
12-23-2010, 06:17 PM
Hello!

PM'ed you Bad Hanson.

Yes, acrotran is correct. You'll need an internet connection for it to work (3G should be fine too!) - In some cases it might take a little longer, due to network lag.

Bad Hanson - If you have no connectivity now, don't worry! I'll provide you a secondary code for when you can use it, no need to rush
12-23-2010, 06:23 PM
I was trying on wi-fi at home connection not the issue- I'll switch to 3G though and report back guys.
...tried but still getting Promo Code Not Valid. Must be a region thing. Played through the first level though looks like a very polished and fun game (sometimes this type of game is not actual 'fun' -this one is)

Last edited by Bad Hanson; 12-23-2010 at 06:52 PM.
12-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Wow! This is a great shmup, man. Thanks for the code unlocking the various levels. I love the Opening song on the OST. Cool, ambient groove.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
12-23-2010, 06:39 PM
Thanks a lot ColeDaddy!

I'm sure John (our musician) is going to be happy to hear that too!
12-23-2010, 07:17 PM
The "hohoho!" code doesn't work anymore
12-23-2010, 07:20 PM
"Hohoho!" worked. Thanks strivemind.

Last edited by cherdman; 12-23-2010 at 09:31 PM.
12-23-2010, 09:01 PM
"Hohoho!" worked for me. (Note the capital "H").

But I'm curious. What does this release have that the regular edition doesn't?

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind

Last edited by strivemind; 12-23-2010 at 09:04 PM.