Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-06-2011, 09:14 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Might this secret document help you in your quest, young padawan?

Guide for competitive play of LCD handheld game MONKEY LABOUR
Old 04-10-2011, 03:24 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Awesome game! Really, well done to all involved in making this gem. If you make another game in this style it would be an instant buy from me.

Top score so far is 3,700. One thing I'd like to see in a possible update would be offline leaderboards, with the option to input names for different users.

Thank you!
Old 04-10-2011, 04:22 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Thanks, man, it means a lot! We're still discussing where to go next, so it's great to hear you'd go for another LCD game. A lot of players actually say we should make another.

Thanks for the offline leaderboards suggestion. If we find a way that doesn't complicate the user interface too much we'll keep it in mind.

Feedback is always welcome and taken into consideration. See you again on the leaderboards, good score you got there!
Old 04-11-2011, 01:48 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

So the score I got was good enough for 11th place, but I got the score whilst offline. When I took the game online my score didn't seem to upload to the leaderboard, is there any way to upload a score gotten offline?

Thanks,

Andy.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:03 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

That should happen automatically when you restart the game and it is online. It resubmits the scores that have not been sent to Game Center yet. Try to quit the game, close it in taskbar and relaunch while online. See if it helps.

There were problems with Game Cnter incorrectly saying the results got saved even when in offline mode, so in that case the game thinks all is well and unfortunatelly doesn't cache the score for resubmiting later. I hope you didn't come across this case as this is something we can't work out different until Apple corrects Game Center responses.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:19 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retronator View Post
Thanks, man, it means a lot! We're still discussing where to go next, so it's great to hear you'd go for another LCD game. A lot of players actually say we should make another.

Thanks for the offline leaderboards suggestion. If we find a way that doesn't complicate the user interface too much we'll keep it in mind.

Feedback is always welcome and taken into consideration. See you again on the leaderboards, good score you got there!
I'd definitely buy another game with this emulator/game and watch type thingy. I mean, think of what you could do with this!

Or even make a limited-edition run of an actual tangible Monkey Labour handheld device. Though that's a bit unfeasible, it would be awesome!
Old 04-25-2011, 02:28 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Monkey Labour is so charming. I had a couple of Game & Watch games as a kid, and I'm amazed how well it captures the feeling of them. The tilt-shadows are just icing on the cake.

I'd love to see more games like this on the iPhone.

Cheers.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:50 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Same here. It's a great game. More game n watch please!
Old 01-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Monkey Labour wins Appcircus, best of 2011

Hey guys!

It's been a while since any Monkey Labour news, but with the year turning around we've got some nice things to share.

First off, in December, Monkey Labour won Appcircus (in Ljubljana), a global traveling competiton for mobile apps. That has given as a nomination for Mobile Premier Awards, one of a few games to do so. You can check our 3-minute pitch on the Appcircus profile page:
http://appcircus.com/apps/monkey-labour

Here's a picture of the team after the award ceremony:

(the artist, the boss, the coder, the additional coder, the additional-additional coder)

Just recently we also found out we've been shortlisted under best mobile arcade games of 2011 on JayIsGames, in the company of such greats as Tiny Wings, Jetpack Joyride and Forget-Me-Not. That's a huge honor just to be in there. But there's also voting going on for the best, so go cast your votes (even if not for us ). Make sure you check the game-of-the-year checkbox on top:
http://jayisgames.com/best-of/2011/mobile/arcade/

Oh, and if you have a mac (or Windows PC), you might want to check this out. Monkey Labour for mac just came out yesterday, weehee!
Old 01-20-2012, 01:44 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Nice. You deserve some praise for monkey labour. Out of all the iOS games ive played (hundreds) there's only a handful which have that real nostalgia feeling about them. Things like "doom" and "another world" and even though monkey labour isn't an old game I player when I was yonger it feels like it could have been, you certainly nailed the game 'n watch feeling that the old LCD games had.
Congrats & thanks.

Oh and I'd buy more LCD style games made by dawnofplay in a instant.