Old 11-22-2012, 09:06 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

I made this over at my tumblr:

Full post here, but the gist is:

Happy thanksgiving!
Old 11-23-2012, 03:04 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Monkey Labour UPDATE out now! Thanks for your patience!

Guys!

FINALLY, the update for Monkey Labour for the iOS 5 crashes is rolling out - as we speak, should be visible up on the App Store in minutes!

Apologize again, but should be all fine now! Thanks for your patience!

AND - it's still FREE, now for the Thanksgiving holidays, so get it now, while you can!!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/monkey-labour/id406314711?mt=8

Now, we still have the crash on iOS 6 if you're not logged in into Game Center, and we're rolling it out exactly now! Let's hope the App Store can expedite this update's review, too!

Last edited by DawnOfPlay; 11-23-2012 at 03:06 AM.. Reason: add link to itunes
Old 11-23-2012, 03:18 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Really do like this game, love the way theyve obviously captured the old Game n Watch style from the early 80's.

Hope they do more please !

Us oldies had to play games like this non stop ! No Gameboys/PSP's for us back then !
Old 11-23-2012, 03:34 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Really do like this game, love the way theyve obviously captured the old Game n Watch style from the early 80's.

Hope they do more please !
Thanks!

How about this one, a concept we did a while back?

Quote:
Us oldies had to play games like this non stop ! No Gameboys/PSP's for us back then !
Our thoughts exactly!
Old 11-23-2012, 03:39 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Ha ha looks good but the 'w' word at the bottom i would get rid as i'm sure Apple would not allow it through otherwise.

But looks good, but i would love to see a whole host of games like this, i've seen a few good ones on LCD 'history' sites where i think i would love to see them on iOS.

Also i wish the old Grandstand 'tabletop' games, the shoot em ups would have a version on iOS at some point, they were brilliant back then.

But look forward to the update and any new ones you develop, thanks, its great having this piece of my childhood on my gadget ! Funny thinking back to how much we played these game n watch games back then. Back then you would have 'proper' scores like 120 or 240, not 2,252,235 etc !
Old 11-23-2012, 04:02 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Ha ha looks good but the 'w' word at the bottom i would get rid as i'm sure Apple would not allow it through otherwise.
HAHA! I think you're right!

Quote:
But looks good, but i would love to see a whole host of games like this, i've seen a few good ones on LCD 'history' sites where i think i would love to see them on iOS.
Yea, you're probably refering to pica-pic.com - if not, you should go check it out right now! Mickey&Donald G&W is (and was!) one of my favorites, btw! Besides Casio's Titanic (not on pica-pic, but I still have it and it still works!

Quote:
Also i wish the old Grandstand 'tabletop' games, the shoot em ups would have a version on iOS at some point, they were brilliant back then.

But look forward to the update and any new ones you develop, thanks, its great having this piece of my childhood on my gadget ! Funny thinking back to how much we played these game n watch games back then. Back then you would have 'proper' scores like 120 or 240, not 2,252,235 etc !
Thanks, good to hear! Yeah, we dared and went into the 5-digit zone, though we haven't realistically expected anyone to tread beyond 9999! BUT THEY DID!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:01 PM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Ok, one last final update!

Phew, update-like-crazy-week for us there, but I think we got it fixed, Monkey Labour should be all working now, and out of the Thanksgiving sale after the Dream of Pixels launch celebration sale - it is now back to $1.99.

So here is your chance now to properly support the authors - that'd be us.

Cheers!
Old 11-27-2012, 02:58 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Thanks for making this free. I have totally missed your initial launch (yeah, shame on me).

In my youth Ive owned several Game&Watch Games. I owned "Manhole", then one other game with an Octopus, one with Parachutes and a double Screen LCD System. Ive also owned the Casio Game "Hungry Dragon".

What Ive always adored about those early LCD Games was the fact that on the surface they did look quite simplistic, but they had subtle different game mechanics built into them. You had to play those games a lot to figure out the best strategies. "Monkey Labour" could very well be regarded a game of this era. It features all great elements of those early games. From the ironic title to the mean game mechanics, down to the bleeping sounds. Im having a blast playing this.

This leaves me to say that this Cowboy Game above looks awesome. I will buy it for sure if you happen to release this one day. "Dream Of Pixels" will be purchased too, as soon as i get myself another Gift Card.

Great work guys! We need more Game&Watch Titles on iOS.

Last edited by tblrsa; 11-27-2012 at 03:14 AM..
Old 11-27-2012, 03:09 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblrsa View Post
Thanks for making this free. I have totally missed your initial launch (yeah, shame on me).

In my youth Ive owned several Game&Watch Games. I owned "Manhole", then one other game with an Octopus, one with Parachutes and a double Screen LCD System. I dont remember the names, but those games have been great time wasters.

What Ive always adored about those early LCD Games was the fact that on the surface they did look quite simplistic, but they had subtle different game mechanics built into them. You had to play those games a lot to figure out the best strategies.

"Monkey Labour" could very well be regarded a game of this era. It features all great elements of those early games. From the ironic title to the mean game mechanics, down to the bleeping sounds. Im having a blast playing this.

This leaves me to say that this Cowboy Game above looks awesome. I will buy it for sure if you happen to release this one day. "Dream Of Pixels" will be purchased too, as soon as i get myself another Gift Card.

Great work guys! We need more Game&Watch Titles on iOS.
Thank you, always love reading fan-mail!

Yes, we agree on more G&W titles on iOS, but still need to make some business sense out of it first! Fan support means a lot to us, though, so keep it coming!
Old 11-27-2012, 03:13 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I love the way not only the actual game looks and plays just like an old classic game and watch, but also the attention to detail when it comes to the interface, the buttons etc and also the back of the game or the instructions. Just like the real thing !

Would love a game and watch app which had 5 or so games in it for say $1.99 or more. Anyway looking forward to your future games, thanks