★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Addicted

12-24-2010, 03:00 AM
Addicted

I think I'm finally addicted to iOS gaming. I haven't been a gamer since owning a megadrive. I was wondering if anyone was up for a one week ban event lol...just need some encouragement
12-24-2010, 03:12 AM
Hahaha.

A great way to fight addiction is to set limits for yourself, and to vow to never exceed those limits. You don't have to buy and play every game. Be selective, set a budget, and only buy the games you absolutely need. That's how I try to approach it. I never spend more than $20 a month on iOS games / apps.

12-24-2010, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsharpfilm View Post
Hahaha.

A great way to fight addiction is to set limits for yourself, and to vow to never exceed those limits. You don't have to buy and play every game. Be selective, set a budget, and only buy the games you absolutely need. That's how I try to approach it. I never spend more than $20 a month on iOS games / apps.
It's not so much the buying I'm worried about. The games are dirt cheap and i normally resist the higher end games until the prices drops. It's more about the not-being-able-to-tear-myself-away factor.
12-24-2010, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogface View Post
It's not so much the buying I'm worried about. The games are dirt cheap and i normally resist the higher end games until the prices drops. It's more about the not-being-able-to-tear-myself-away factor.
Setting limits can also apply here. Set a play schedule for yourself. No more than an hour a day. And if you go over that hour, punch yourself in the face.
12-24-2010, 06:35 AM
though not a crazy ios game fan, i play it everyday...
12-24-2010, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogface View Post
I think I'm finally addicted to iOS gaming. I haven't been a gamer since owning a megadrive. I was wondering if anyone was up for a one week ban event lol...just need some encouragement
You dogface. Lol jk.

You need to remove your credit card from your itunes account. Set yoursekf a limit, like one 25$ gift card a month, for example. Try to shrink your wishlist.

add me on PSN = uranium65
12-24-2010, 07:05 AM
My wife refers to my IPad as my other wife. So I am in the same boat. At least she knows I am not cheating on her and it is a fairly affordable hobby. $30.00 a month on apps is cheaper than smoking or drinking and healthier.
12-24-2010, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomheroes View Post
My wife refers to my IPad as my other wife. So I am in the same boat. At least she knows I am not cheating on her and it is a fairly affordable hobby. $30.00 a month on apps is cheaper than smoking or drinking and healthier.
Lol thats funny. Imagine that: "stop playing with your other wife and come to bed!" hahahah

add me on PSN = uranium65