★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How many of you wanted in-game gold purchase in Infinity Blade?

View Poll Results: Did you want in-game gold purchase in Infinity Blade?
Yes 2 4.26%
No 45 95.74%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll
12-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Did you want in-game gold purchase in Infinity Blade?

According to Chair/Epic, in-game gold purchase was added by "popular demand." I'm kind of skeptical about this claim...

Did you demand in-game gold purchase in Infinity Blade, or contact Chair/Epic requesting this be added?

Last edited by tsharpfilm; 12-24-2010 at 02:56 PM.
12-24-2010, 02:40 PM
I think we all know there was no popular demand from the buyers not one mention of it in the UK app store anyway I know that much.
If it was a popular demand anywhere it was probably the CHAIR offices.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out

12-24-2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
I think we all know there was no popular demand from the buyers not one mention of it in the UK app store anyway I know that much.
If it was a popular demand anywhere it was probably the CHAIR offices.
Infinity Blade is a great game, but I really despise half truths and deception.
12-24-2010, 03:29 PM
come on, paying for cheats sucks! Also, this pretty much messes up the Leaderboards.
12-24-2010, 03:30 PM
The ingame gold purchases are reay lame..

Imagine when the multiplayer update come...

How unbalanced will it not be?

Just because someone used 10 bucks more than you they will be more imba even though they used 1 hour and you used 100 hours -.-
12-24-2010, 04:26 PM
I didn't want it but the prices do add a cynical humour that was previously missing. So well done to them and a hearty chuckle at all the fumbling spackers who have to pay real money to gain items in this game. Fools, ha ha ha ha haaaaa.... etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJesusFish View Post
I like plenty of bad games, but I don't go around telling people they are good.
Arcadelife

GC - JohnT321
12-24-2010, 04:30 PM
im not too upset, because the gold offered is really easy to get. for example, for 4.99, i believe they are selling 250000 gold. it is easy to get that at around the 8th bloodline in a couple of hours.
12-24-2010, 04:49 PM
It makes very little sense, paying for in-game cash because of this:

If you want to level up, you have to level up each item (weapon/armour/ring/shield). In order to level up, you have to fight. A lot. By fighting, you earn money. Just by playing the game you tend to always have enough game cash to buy the next item that you need when you master something. If you bought enough gold to instantly buy all the items, you would still have to do all the fighting to level up and, by doing so, you would gain a ton of game cash .... and have nothing left to buy with it. Whoa, that's clever....

I can't see how buying the cash is a short cut. If anything, it makes actually playing the game a bit pointless, even though you will still have to play the game - a lot - in order to level up.

I wanted the sword, "Infinity Blade", so I just played the game a lot (which is actually very enjoyable when you're aiming for something like 500k for the IB), saved up and bought it. I've killed the first two incarnations of the God King and I'm enjoying levelling up and item collecting. For me, paying real money for game cash would kill all the fun that the game has to offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJesusFish View Post
I like plenty of bad games, but I don't go around telling people they are good.
Arcadelife

GC - JohnT321
12-24-2010, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Did you want in-game gold purchase in Infinity Blade?
12-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
Lmao!