★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Tower Bloxx crash

03-24-2009, 03:43 AM
Tower Bloxx crash

So I was about to buy towerbloxx but every other reviewer on iTunes said it was a worthless game since it crashed so often...does it really crash alot?
03-24-2009, 03:46 AM
i have it. for me it doesnt. The reviewers on itune can be other developers and are bias. dont trust itune reviewers
03-24-2009, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rik555 View Post
So I was about to buy towerbloxx but every other reviewer on iTunes said it was a worthless game since it crashed so often...does it really crash alot?
never happened to me (although i've only had the game less than a week). what i've noticed is that, sometimes, it takes a long time to load.
03-24-2009, 05:42 AM
I have about 50% crash rate during loading or playing. Yes, I know, RAM, reboot etc. But, come on, this is a game where you put blocks on top of other blocks! I really don't want to reboot my iPhone for such a game. And besides that, the loading time is ridiculous. Even Tetris loads faster than Tower Bloxx and you all know what that means:

The "pick up and play"-value is nearly zero, when I have to reboot my phone (1 minute as a minimum) and the game itself adds another 35 seconds before you can actually do something.

And don't forget to add to the crashing the non-saving nature of this game. Yes, Tower Bloxx fails at what is the number one rule for every iPhone game: Save your f*cking state! You will loose the currently running game state whenever you press the home button or the game crashs.

So, overall, Tower Bloxx is a nice game. But it does not integrate well into the platform. It uses to much RAM and does not save running games.

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
03-24-2009, 05:55 AM
In every game's App Store page, there is always someone who reports a crash. I'm sure everyone here knows how to deal with crashes.