★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Are you looking big name productions or more indies games in 2011

12-25-2010, 09:45 PM
Are you looking big name productions or more indies games in 2011

Its seems big name game companies have stepped into the marketplace and really looking to take control. While I like the quality they bring , I always look forward to the indie games. I like new inventive games. Yes some indie put out crap , but sometimes they create really inventive fun game. I hope the indies arent muscled out by the big boys.
12-25-2010, 09:47 PM
I'm looking for anything good. Don't care who makes it, just gotta be good.

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.

12-25-2010, 09:54 PM
Put it this way. I don't do casual games. Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, Fruit Ninja. Not gonna happen. Haven't played them. Won't ever play them. But that's just me.
12-25-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm interested in how much the big names will put out, but I always look forward to the indie games, which tend to be more fun, from my experience.

I'm sure gameloft will continue their trend of nothing original.
EA had some good 2010 releases, so I'll keep an eye on them.

Specifically, Real Racing 2 HD, Aralon updates, Dead Space, and a few others I'm waiting for.

2010 broke the ground for serious gaming, hopefully 2011 will be a great year for iOS gamers.
12-25-2010, 10:45 PM
I wish they would just port their best games rather than trying to make brand new ames in the same time frame. Id raher have berethsa port morrowind than make a lame portable elder scrolls like for ngage for example or have shadow complex than infinity blade.
12-26-2010, 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by maxxx View Post
I hope the indies arent muscled out by the big boys.
Some indies are getting crushed that's for sure - especially those of us with more hardcore games. Take my game Silverfish - it earned 8.5/10 + Editors Choice from IGN and 5/5 from GamePro/PCWorld (who also named it one of the best 36 iPhone games). It was doing OK based on those and other great reviews when first released in early November but as soon as the Black Friday sales started it was doomed - December flattened it completely.

I can't completely blame the big publishers for my woes but people looking at these games from a "value" proposition will always choose cheap big-publisher games over unknown indies. So ya, there's a lot of muscling around going on right now, and there will be casualties.

Nozoku Rush Kick Math's Ass!
Critter Panic Break yer brain! FREE!
Silverfish & Silverfish MAX Hardcore arcade insanity!
Nozoku A casual game of math & logic.
More: cbox.me Twitter YouTube
12-26-2010, 04:15 AM
Yes, anything with great graphics and gameplay and also made with big budget. Dead Space 2 is one of the game I am anticipating. I would love to see Gears of War or Resistance be ported! It doesnt have to be copy cut but just like shadow of guardian for Uncharted 2. Ultimate Mortal Kombat Trilogy (reloaded) overwriting the current version would also be nice!

Last edited by Wediafom24; 12-26-2010 at 04:30 AM. Reason: More ideas
12-26-2010, 04:38 AM
the market is becoming more and more organized. people who just wants quick money won't survive long here. however, i absolutely trust that there will be place for indie developers who are innovative, because i am among them~~~
12-26-2010, 04:42 AM
On this platform, I prefer indie games. Simple reason: they're games are generally more fun.
12-26-2010, 04:49 AM
This year I'm just intending to be a lot more picky and stop picking things up at launch if something is good enough I'll buy it after a week or so whether it's Indie or a big company.

Two reasons for this one is company's pulling price drops immediately after like EA just did with mortal kombat and the second is some games are so hyped up everyone buys them at launch (me included) then we all realise they aren't that great.

I'll probably still pick up a lot though from both.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out