★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Save your sister and the world of Terava from an ancient evil in this 2D action-adventure!

Jump on enemies, use your bow or cast magic
Multiplayer mode for the iPad. Cooperative action at its best!
Upgrade weapons & armor to deal with fierce enemies
Classic, console-like gameplay
Wonderful soundtrack

Explore seven locations for free in this versionincluding a tutorial, a shop and a place where a dangerous boss monster might await you

NOTE: When you have both Terava Lite and Terava installed, you will be asked to import your progress from the Lite version. Don't delete the Lite version too early, or you will have to start over!

jlnr's comments:

Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/terava-lite/id388761269?mt=8

Hello boards,

The mothership surprised me with their fast release of my game Terava (23th), and I don't want to sit around idly until I can send out promo codes (28th). So I produced a short trailer today:

Feedback welcome, this is my very first public announcement of it!

Background/self intro: I am a German dev who was bored with seeing the same types of game on his iPhone all the time. For me, there aren't really many games that get me into a console gaming vibe. You should develop what you'd buy :)

PS: The weapon quick-switching in version 1.1 is magically more useful than in 1.0, but only the Lite update came through before the holidays.
12-26-2010, 11:24 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Thanks ImNoSuperMan, I just went around to see how to get the proper appinfo box. You obviously beat me!

12-26-2010, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlnr View Post
Thanks ImNoSuperMan, I just went around to see how to get the proper appinfo box. You obviously beat me!
Spent 30 seconds with the lite and went ahead and bought the full version. This could very well be something special. More later today.
12-26-2010, 12:25 PM
the light-version gives the impression of a solid game indeed. I would like a bigger zone for moving right and left. But tempted to buy the full version of this for the splitscreen which works really well.
12-26-2010, 01:18 PM
This looks pretty solid, going to download the lite version now.

12-26-2010, 01:45 PM
I've played about 4 levels so far and I'm definitely enjoying it. The control scheme took me about 5 minutes to get used to, but now it feels fluid and responsive. My one complaint is that the game doesn't save your position in a level when you quit -- you have to start over. For many folks that's a deal breaker, so it would be a good idea for the dev to add auto-save as soon as possible.

Last edited by squarezero; 12-26-2010 at 01:47 PM.
12-26-2010, 04:11 PM
The more I play this, the more I like it. Just beat the first boss -- a gigantic lizard/t-rex. The fight was pattern-based as you would expect, but it was well designed to require more smarts than spamming attacks. The animation had some neat touches to it; hit the t-rex enough times and it backs up protecting its face with its paws.

Overall, the game is something like a side-scrolling Zelda with Plunderland graphics and some slight RPG elements.

As far as I'm concerned, this the first surprise of the post-holiday season.
12-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
The more I play this, the more I like it. Just beat the first boss -- a gigantic lizard/t-rex. The fight was pattern-based as you would expect, but it was well designed to require more smarts than spamming attacks. The animation had some neat touches to it; hit the t-rex enough times and it backs up protecting its face with its paws.

Overall, the game is something like a side-scrolling Zelda with Plunderland graphics and some slight RPG elements.

As far as I'm concerned, this the first surprise of the post-holiday season.
I agree completely. I also just beat the first boss in the lite version, after several failed attempts. This is a fantastic game, with a unique art style and split screen co-op mode.

12-26-2010, 07:24 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Thanks everyone for the feedback, and thanks squarezero for trusting the Lite version so early on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
My one complaint is that the game doesn't save your position in a level when you quit -- you have to start over. For many folks that's a deal breaker, so it would be a good idea for the dev to add auto-save as soon as possible.
Since I can't do much without promo codes anyway, I think I'll code and submit this feature ASAP. Maybe it's even a good idea to hold back review requests to this and other sites until the update has been published. This is a soft launch if the world has seen one.
(squarezero: If it's an urgent feature for you too, you can get in touch to beta test it.)

Last edited by jlnr; 12-26-2010 at 07:46 PM.
12-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlnr View Post
Thanks everyone for the feedback, and thanks squarezero for trusting the Lite version so early on!

Since I can't do much without promo codes anyway, I think I'll code and submit this feature ASAP. Maybe it's even a good idea to wait for review requests until this has been published. This is a soft launch if the world has seen one.
No problem -- it's clear that a lot of effort went into this title and it's my pleasure to help the cause.

As to auto-save, yeah, you may want to code that in before the game goes out for reviews. The levels are not huge, but some are big enough to make it a pain to start over if you get a phone call at the wrong time. These days people expect iOS games to have that feature as a matter of course.