★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Do you like Gameloft if so why?

View Poll Results: Do you like Gameloft
Yes 59 52.68%
NO 53 47.32%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll
12-27-2010, 12:17 AM
Do you like Gameloft if so why?

I just wanna know how ppl feel about them.

Playing: Plants Vs. Zombies, Angry Birds:Rio, and Infinity Blade.
Games I need money to buy: Chaos Rings 2, and Infinity Blade 2.
Games Im Waiting on: Wawa Land,Zenforms
12-27-2010, 12:29 AM
A good start might be making the poll and thread title the same instead of opposites.

12-27-2010, 12:32 AM
Yep that would be great considering I saw the thread title and cast my vote based on if I dislike Gameloft and therefore voted for the wrong thing.

Twitter: @JZWilliams
GameCenter/OpenFeint/GameloftID/Disc Drivin'/Hero Academy: zman2100
12-27-2010, 12:43 AM
Do I like gameloft? As a company they show talent and have proven themselves successful. But I detest their marketing strategy. Do I like gameloft games? Some parts of some games. MC2 multiplayer, hero of Sparta when it first came out.

As a whole, their games can be fun, but they need to release something original before I support them.
12-27-2010, 12:50 AM
More like, they need to actually support their games. You can almost guarantee that at most, one title, will even get an update. And it definitely won't be for content.

They're the absolute worst (EA's pretty good with their 1 update) at providing updates for their games.
12-27-2010, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hvy4grvty View Post
More like, they need to actually support their games. You can almost guarantee that at most, one title, will even get an update. And it definitely won't be for content.

They're the absolute worst (EA's pretty good with their 1 update) at providing updates for their games.
EA is questionable sometimes but they just did that big update for need for speed hop pursuit
12-27-2010, 01:07 AM
They have very few Great games, some Good games, a lot of OK games and some terrible bad ones. Most of their games are clones of other already popular franchises, but hey this companies would never ever release a game in the appstore.
I think I only hate
1. Their lack of focus in just one or two games, creating a really Console Quality experience
2. Their lack of new IP
3. The freaking BIG memmory their games take.
12-27-2010, 01:09 AM
I dislike that they shamefully rip-off other popular franchises, thinking that they may fool the naive iOS user base into buying their games. I mean, there's nothing wrong in copying some elements from the best games out there, but if you go as far as naming your game N.O.V.A, or having a main character with his t-shirt half tucked in, you know that's inexcusable.

I'm pretty sure there are talented people working at Gameloft (I loved Spiderman and kinda enjoyed the Hero of Sparta games), but they have to create their new, original I.P's instead of ripping off other series.

Now Playing Broken Sword
12-27-2010, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAwesome View Post
EA is questionable sometimes but they just did that big update for need for speed hop pursuit
Overall, EA's disappointing, but definitely a hell of a lot better than Gameloft. I've been following their titles for quite a bit, and the only update I can remember is the one for GT Academy adding the Bugatti. EA's had updates for Hot Pursuit, Fifa, Madden, Monopoly, Tetris, Shift, Mirror's Edge, etc etc. They weren't huge updates (except for Hot Pursuit), but updates nonetheless.

Look up the Gameloft titles, a good majority of them are still ver 1.0.0.
12-27-2010, 01:22 AM
just copy and port, no original.