★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

so itunes don't ask for confirmation before we buying paid apps now?

12-27-2010, 05:50 AM
so itunes don't ask for confirmation before we buying paid apps now?

is it only me or everyone got the same problem?
few days ago before 24th i bought few games and they all ask me am i sure to buy this app.
but this morning i bought another game again and after i click the buy button it just started download immediately. i am sure i didn't touched any settings between these few days.

if this is the new policy than i think lots of buyers will accidentally bought something they are not intended to buy.

e.g. when some apps changes their prices, itunes will shown as free but when u click the buy button it will ask you are u sure to buy it so obviously it is not free yet at that moment. kind of dangerous huh?
12-27-2010, 05:53 AM
I hope not did you buy anything else before hand though because that makes the pass last for 15 minutes.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out

12-27-2010, 08:44 AM
Yep, this - or you might have disabled it accidentally.
Check your "my store" settings.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
12-27-2010, 09:08 AM
i remember you could set this feature
12-27-2010, 09:23 AM
Previously you were only able to review purchased apps but I discovered (a week ago or so) that I could give reviews for all apps. They've somehow changed stuff and because of it I made a lot of unintended purchases.

Twitter Tumblr

Game Center ID: mvanbeem
12-27-2010, 10:14 AM
I noticed this too. I even reset all my settings before a purchase and bam no confirmation. Still there for music though. I hope it is a glitch because I liked the security of the confirmation.
12-27-2010, 10:31 AM
On my iPad this always been like that but there's preference? Well then it was relatively well hidden among other option because on my computer with itunes I had no problem to force ask confirmation.

iPad System panel, Store section, zero options and it's not new. Mmm is this hidden in restriction section?
12-27-2010, 12:21 PM
I noticed this too, and I don't like it at all.
Must be a change in the app store itself, because I sure didn't change any settings on it.
12-27-2010, 12:25 PM
I still get asked. *shrugs*

Originally Posted by HelperMonkey View Post
Conservatives hate liberals because they think that liberals think they're stupid.

Liberals hate conservatives because they think that they're stupid.
12-27-2010, 12:31 PM
I still get asked on the device, just not the computer - I just reset the warning dialogue again but won't be able to test that until there is something I want to purchase. Just weird one day it was here all fine, the next gone.