Toucharcade Disc Drivin' Tourney (Unofficial)
In this post I'll keep a list of people who want to participate and show the progress of the tournament. Have Fun !
Tournament No. 1 : (Running)
3. & FINAL Round - 1. Disc Drivin' Tournament
1. Zincous (Game Started)
Tournament No. 2 : (Running)
1. Round - 2. Disc Drivin' Tournament
5. Engdom (Game Started)
9. Kevlar (Game Started)
1. Round - 1. Disc Drivin' Tournament (Over)
1. Dosch033 (Qualified)
3. Kevlar (Qualified)
7. Zincous (Qualified)
8. Boardumb (Qualified)
9. IMNS (Qualified)
12. Odulin (Qualified)
14. Aegis (Qualified)
15. Animated (Qualified)
2. Round - 1. Disc Drivin' Tournament (Over)
2. Kevlar (Qualified)
3. Odulin (Qualified)
5. Zincous (Qualified)
7. IMNS (Qualified)
Last edited by dosch033; 01-13-2011 at 04:50 PM..
There are some people having problems on how to play the game. We Heart Games made an awesome list I'll include in this post. They're too running a tournament. Feel free to participate on their Disc Tourney.
Here are some important tips :
- Swipe speed and angle matter. You don’t just follow the aiming arrow exactly. You can swipe from the very bottom of the screen to the very top.
- There’s an invisible “ceiling”. If you shoot to high up in the air, your disc will burst for lack of oxygen. Or something.
- You need energy to use power-ups. You can get energy by:
- Moving — it builds as you slide; faster if you’re behind.
- Bumping other discs — you get some energy, they lose some.
- Knocking a disc off the track — you get even more, they lose all of theirs.
- Sliding through a lightning bolt.
- You can only use power-ups while you’re moving.
- It’s possible to use more than one power-up per turn.
- Switch power-ups by pressing the button in the lower-left corner. You can even switch power-ups while you’re sliding. (Icon on your left)
Power-ups are: (Icon on your right)
- Turbo: Boosts in the direction you’re moving so be careful around walls or you could go sideways or even backwards.
- Stop: helpful to keep you from falling off the track, or to line yourself up for a jump, or stop yourself after a jump.
- Oil slick
- Ghost: Go through bumpers, obstacles, other discs, oil slicks & water. Bombs break apart if you hit them while ghosted. Will still bounce off the track walls. If you end your turn “inside” an obstacle or another disc, you get reset to your starting position but don’t lose any energy.
Last edited by dosch033; 01-13-2011 at 04:35 PM..
Disc Drivin' is a fun, social, turn-based racing game. Based on We Heart Games' Disc Tourney, I've decided to create a Toucharcade Tourney. Just like their tourney, this one is open for up to 16 players. There will be 4 matches with 4 players, played on random tracks. The 1st and the 2nd player of each match continue to the next round, so that we'll have a total of 7 matches.
This will be largely self-regulated, since there are no shared replays or spectating in the game. After a game ends, I ask that all players in that game submit the placements to me. If they donít jive Iíll know someoneís trying to be sneaky.
Later on, according to the success of this touranement, I'm going to create more and bigger tournaments. The first 16 to people to reply on this thread are officially signed in. I'll create another list if more than 16 people reply.
Please, reply with your username used in Disc Drivin'. When a match is over, you will have to send me a picture with the rankings, so that I can organize the next games. A created a special adress for this event :
I'll keep this thread updated with informations concerning furure matches.
I'm really looking forward for this tournament, and if it we are lucky, we'll find sponsors, so that we can gift the winners of this touranement. Should you have any question, you're free to ask. I hope there is no problem creating this tournament. This game is awesome and deserves more attention.
You can download an ad-supported version of the game
Or the premium version for $2.99
Last edited by dosch033; 01-13-2011 at 04:39 PM..