★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Switching my iDevice to a new computer

12-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Switching my iDevice to a new computer

Well, like many lucky schmucks on Christmas day, Santa brought me a new laptop. I want to start syncing my iPod Touch with my new computer as it can use iTunes 10, thus iOS 4.2, and is going to be my main PC now. I have already transfered all my data over via iTunes Home Sharing. When I sync to this new computer will I lose all my game save data? I'm hoping that having all the apps already on this computer will mean that I won't lose my data. I've spent a lot of time lately with Baseball Superstars 2011 and Real Racing 2 and don't want to lose my progress. Thanks to anyone that can help answer my question.
12-27-2010, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neehan View Post
Well, like many lucky schmucks on Christmas day, Santa brought me a new laptop. I want to start syncing my iPod Touch with my new computer as it can use iTunes 10, thus iOS 4.2, and is going to be my main PC now. I have already transfered all my data over via iTunes Home Sharing. When I sync to this new computer will I lose all my game save data? I'm hoping that having all the apps already on this computer will mean that I won't lose my data. I've spent a lot of time lately with Baseball Superstars 2011 and Real Racing 2 and don't want to lose my progress. Thanks to anyone that can help answer my question.
As long as the new machine is authorized by the same account you used to purchase your games (which it should be, since you're using home sharing), you should have no problem syncing. It should warn you, though, before you lose any data.