★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Can't Decide between Aralon,The Quest, or just wait.

12-29-2010, 04:11 AM
Can't Decide between Aralon,The Quest, or just wait.

Hey guys,
Well today i discovered the new game Aralon:Sword and Shadow along with The Quest. Aralon for me would be my first pick out of the two, but after large amounts of reading i have discovered these games have quite a lot of hype. The other issue is the price in the Australian app store for Aralon is as far as i can see double what it is in the US store if it's still 6.99 that is (it's 12.99 here).
I really don't like that they didn't release a demo version of Aralon... The price for The Quest is a lot more handsome, and it has just about as much hype as Aralon but i'd like to tell myself the graphics, sound and movement won't bother me but it is something that at first look may cause me to lose interest, me and retro RPG games don't really go way back.
I was introduced to RPG's when i was about 6 years old, but have never really grasped many or finished many, about 5 years ago though i got hooked on the MMORPG scene and i've played countless MMO's. Recently i've been playing a lot of Dragon Age, it's my first time in a while NOT playing MMORPG's and having a go at an RPG and I have been both epicly impressed and quite angry at the fact i didn't get back into this scene sooner.
One thing i would like to mention is that i'm not used to the very retro look of The Quest and it will take time for me to get used to so keep that in mind.

My other consideration is just waiting for a while, it's gonna be the toughest one of all and if i pick this option i'm probably just gonna get The Quest, more and more RPG's are coming out on the iPhone and after Aralon, i suspect more games of this type will be coming out this year.

So tell me, which would you reccomend out of The Quest, or Aralon?
I honestly cannot decide for myself... I've pushed myself into a corner.
12-29-2010, 04:16 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Wrong section dude. Thats alright though! I would personally go with Aralon. Nice big open world RPG + Beautiful Graphics = Must Have!

ps- Welcome to Touch Arcade

12-29-2010, 04:16 AM
Welcome to Touch Arcade! There is a thread for "what should I get?" questions; however I will go ahead and answer now. Aralon is a lot better than the quest.

12-29-2010, 04:27 AM
I'm gonna go with what will obviously be the smaller opinion on these forums, what with how far up Aralon's butt everyone is, and suggest the Quest. Aralon is a console experience, which is great when you have time to sit down with a game, but I use my iPod as a quick gaming device when bored, and for that, the Quest is perfect. Hardly drains the battery, and it's basically turn-based, meaning I don't have to watch the game the whole time. Plus, there are SO MANY expansions for once you beat the main game.

Just my two cents.

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey
12-29-2010, 04:28 AM
Oh is it? Sorry about that :P
Thanks for the replys guys. If you think it's worth the extra 7 bucks i guess i'll go for it. And thanks for the kind welcomes too
12-29-2010, 04:33 AM
Thanks magihiro, i was hoping for someone to put their 2 cents in for The Quest as well. That's kinda how i feel about my ipod touch too, i want something as full of contant as The Quest and Aralon but i also want to be able to play them in small segments at a time with of course larger segments of gameplay for when i'm not on the go and don't have the time or energy to load up the PC and play Dragon Age or whatever.
12-29-2010, 04:42 AM
I prefer the free game undercroft over the quest I'd try that first and if you like it maybe the quest is worth trying if not I guess Aralon.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out
12-29-2010, 04:43 AM
N.o.v.a. 2 ftw!!!

Currently Playing: The Simpsons Tapped Out, Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation, Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies, and N.O.V.A. 3
If You need a Beta Tester PM me!
Beta Tested: Zombie Chop
12-29-2010, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supremacy View Post
Thanks magihiro, i was hoping for someone to put their 2 cents in for The Quest as well. That's kinda how i feel about my ipod touch too, i want something as full of contant as The Quest and Aralon but i also want to be able to play them in small segments at a time with of course larger segments of gameplay for when i'm not on the go and don't have the time or energy to load up the PC and play Dragon Age or whatever.
Then yeah, I'd DEFINITELY suggest the Quest. My main concern over the game was the graphics, just as you said. But I quickly got used to it, and didn't find it a hindrance at all.

And what's nice about the game is that, even when you DO have time to play for hours, it's a game you can easily get lost in. When I first got it I think I played it for about 4 hours straight.

Now, I'm not an Aralon opposer. I've got both. And Aralon is quite impressive on the system, and if you're looking for an Elder Scrolls like experience, a console like game where you sit down for hours, plugged in to a charging source, then I'd definitely suggest Aralon over the Quest.

But the Quest is definitely the better of the two when it comes to portability, my #1 importance in any iTouch game.

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey
12-29-2010, 05:53 AM
well, i'm putting my faith in magihiro on this one. I played that undercroft game for a bit, and the graphics in that one and the more basic play style and movement weren't much of a hindrance for me. I have confidence i will enjoy The Quest quite a lot now.