★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Game loft and Game Center

12-29-2010, 10:42 AM
Game loft and Game Center

Anyone know why there seems to be no Game loft games with Game Center?
12-29-2010, 10:43 AM
Seems they've invested pretty heavily in their own proprietary Gameloft Live service which does the same thing and allows them to cross-promote their games like crazy.

12-29-2010, 10:50 AM
There are Gameloft games with GameCenter

-Dungeon Hunter 2
-Nova 2
-Star Battalion

And they have said they will include it in more games to.

Maybe you should research this before you say things like this.

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
12-29-2010, 11:12 AM
they easily could update some of their games with some neat achievements and gamecenter but somehow the "big players" (EA, Gameloft et al.) dont feel that way and give a ** on updates with gamecenter, so hoped for some of them as I read gamelofts star battalion has gc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatusernameistaken
There's this thing they invented way back in the 80's, it's called a "Joke". You may want to look into it...
Instagram: i5_david, feel free to add me
12-29-2010, 11:33 AM
no its only dungeon hunter 2 & star battalion & nobody plays star battalion online & people only play dungeon hunter 2 online in gameloft live.
12-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie2233 View Post
no its only dungeon hunter 2 & star battalion & nobody plays star battalion online & people only play dungeon hunter 2 online in gameloft live.
Ok, But my point is Gameloft do use Gamecenter.

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
12-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
There are Gameloft games with GameCenter

-Dungeon Hunter 2
-Nova 2
-Star Battalion

And they have said they will include it in more games to.

Maybe you should research this before you say things like this.
All right. Calm down! I did say "seem" as in I wasn't definitely sure.
12-29-2010, 03:23 PM
so hoped for the racing academy being enhanced with gamecenter and achivements but instead they use the stupid gameloft online crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatusernameistaken
There's this thing they invented way back in the 80's, it's called a "Joke". You may want to look into it...
Instagram: i5_david, feel free to add me
12-29-2010, 04:25 PM
I prefer Gameloft Live anyway. In terms of achievements, Game Center is stupid. I don't know and don't care how many achievement points I have in Game Center. To me, it's pointless. So many casual games offer Game Center support that, much like with Open Feint, it takes away whatever meaning that the achievement system might have. Ulta simplistic/casual games should not offer achievements. With a lot of these games there is, in my opinion, nothing to "achieve" in the first place. Since Gameloft does not develop any casual games and therefore Gameloft Live does support any casual games, it's the only achievement system to me that has any inherent value.
12-29-2010, 04:31 PM
I say they put gamecenter compatibility with every game and the owner of the idevice choose if they want to use it or not. Who's with me?