★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

New Unreal Engine Game?

12-29-2010, 04:21 PM
New Unreal Engine Game?

What is the new Unreal engine game? Currently there are only three. Infinity Blade, Epic Citadel, and Dungeon Defenders: First Wave. Whats next?
12-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Something new I'm sure.

12-29-2010, 04:26 PM
Expansion of infinity blade. Or maybe a shooter or something more modern.
12-29-2010, 04:39 PM
updates

Well Chair said it will make several updates to infinity blade. They also announced one more game for 2011 , Iam unsure of the title.
So far there hasnt been any announcements by other developers so its a waiting game.
12-29-2010, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krehol Games View Post
Well Chair said it will make several updates to infinity blade. They also announced one more game for 2011 , Iam unsure of the title.
So far there hasnt been any announcements by other developers so its a waiting game.
Considering the relatively low price of entry and the marketing cache it gives to a title, I wouldn't be surprised if there are dozens of Unreal-based games already in the works.
12-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Although I disagree, the truth is nobody really knows for certain. For a variety of reasons, I doubt that there are any third-party games in development using this engine. Unreal will belong almost exclusively to Epic, with only a handful of exceptions, in my opinion. I expect very little from this engine beyond continued first-party support. In Short, it could be a long time before we see it utilized in an iOS game again.
12-29-2010, 05:10 PM
Rebellion will have support for it soon.

Twitter Tumblr

Game Center ID: mvanbeem
12-29-2010, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumaz1000 View Post
Although I disagree, the truth is nobody really knows for certain. For a variety of reasons, I doubt that there are any third-party games in development using this engine. Unreal will belong almost exclusively to Epic, with only a handful of exceptions, in my opinion. I expect very little from this engine beyond continued first-party support. In Short, it could be a long time before we see it utilized in an iOS game again.
I guess you are right: nobody knows at this point. But the notion that only Epic will make Unreal games is almost certainly wrong. The engine is cheap to license, fairly easy to use, and cross-platform compatible. The only reason to think that it will not become as ubiquitous as Unity is the fact that it's called "Unreal" (and somehow that makes it inaccessible to common folk). I don't give that argument much credence.
12-30-2010, 05:26 PM
Rage Mutant Bash 2.

Strife: Quest for the Sigil - FPS/RPG blend of action!
12-30-2010, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalcopy View Post
Rage Mutant Bash 2.
They already have a great graphics engine with Rage right now. I mean, in Rage the enemys actually have propper shaddows and everything, in Infinity blade they don't.