★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Helmania's Pretigious 2010 Game Awards

12-31-2010, 05:08 PM
Helmania's Pretigious 2010 Game Awards

2010 has been absolutely amazing for IOS devices and here are the winners in Helmania's gaming world.

Best Graphics: Infinity Blade
Runner up: Rage

Best Story: GTA:CTW
Runner up: I dont know. You decide!

Best Sound: Rage
Runner up: Infinity Blade

Most Innovative: Real Racing 2
Runner up: Aralon

Best Minigame: Infinity Blade
Runner up: Angry Birds

Biggest Disapointment: Battlefield Bad Company 2
Runner up: Ultimate Motal Kombat 3

Worst release: Dead Rising Mobile
Runner up: ???

Biggest surprise: Angry Birds
Runner up: Infinity Blade

And the 2010 Helmania game of the year is....

Real Racing 2

Despite landing a 7.5 in my review of RR2 due to low frame rate issues and unbalanced online play, at the end, I truly can't deny how great RR2 really is. While IB wowed us with great graphics and a highly restrictive mini game. Firemint on the other hand gave us a full console gaming experience that can easily run with the best xbox 360 and ps3 have to offer. That is no small feat and no other game in that app store can match it in terms of scope, size, and greatness.

What's your game of year?
12-31-2010, 05:13 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
I liked STP's better.

12-31-2010, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
I liked STP's better.

Are you female?

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
12-31-2010, 05:21 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Are you female?
No. Why? Are you?

Last edited by crex; 12-31-2010 at 05:24 PM.
12-31-2010, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmania View Post
Best Story: GTA:CTW
Runner up: I dont know. You decide!
Runner up: Chaos Rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Are you female?
Hahaha.
12-31-2010, 05:29 PM
Space Miner needs to be in Helmania's World. So does Game Dev Story, Super Quick Hook, Carcassone, Zen Bound 2, Kometen, Perfect Cell, Tilt to Live, Samurai 2, Chopper 2, Archetype, Reckless Racing, blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, my point is that I think that having to go to Infinity Blade for every awards category means you, er, might be running out of ideas?
12-31-2010, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkynubman View Post
Space Miner needs to be in Helmania's World. So does Game Dev Story, Super Quick Hook, Carcassone, Zen Bound 2, Kometen, Perfect Cell, Tilt to Live, Samurai 2, Chopper 2, Archetype, Reckless Racing, blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, my point is that I think that having to go to Infinity Blade for every awards category means you, er, might be running out of ideas?
Infinity Blade only won two awards which are pretty fair. However I will check out some of your suggestions. I had Samurai 2. Got bored with it fairly quick. Perhaps I'll give Reckless Racing another go. I had deleted it once I played all the maps. Didn't seem like there was much else to do but time your drift at every corner. But I will definitely check out Space Miners.

Thanks for your comment.
12-31-2010, 05:34 PM
Oh neat. I wonder when the rest of 10422 active members of TA will make a thread announcing their 2010 top games.

/thread