★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Meet Torvo, the little dinosaur with a big journey ahead of him. Help Torvo explore his world, overcome obstacles, defeat dangers and make new friends! TW is designed to be easy to learn, fun to play and TW is suitable for all ages.

The 1.0.99 patch fixes a camera issue and few minor bugs.

The 1.1 patch fixes a few minor bugs and includes a fix for the sticking joystick.

Patch 1.11 Performance improvements and minor fixes.

This first installment of four levels is an introduction to what Immersion Labs has to offer.

Torvo's World is compatible with older devices.

Thank you for trying our FIRST app!

Please support our tiny company as we do our very best to bring you hand-held console quality games on your Apple device! http://tinyurl.com/6j2d64k

Blog: http://ttwpblog.torvosworld.com/

clzander's comments:

Game dropped from $2 to $1, so I gave it a shot. It looks to have potential, but it's not there yet.

First the negative: I'm not a big fan of the jump mechanism, where you can't change your movement (start/stop, right/left) mid-jump. If you're standing still and jump, you can only go straight up. To jump on enemies, you have to be moving first, then jump, which will result in a jump in an arc. Then, while over an enemy, you hit the attack button to stop your forward movement and crash down on the enemy.

There's also only 4 relatively easy levels and one boss in the initial release. From a content perspective, there are other games with many more levels.

Now for the positive. I've traded a number of e-mails with Matt at Immersion Labs. The developer was very responsive and receptive to my feedback and questions. He shared that they're already working on a content update and other characters with other abilities. He also explained that the jump mechanism was by design, in part because the next update will enable full 3D movement instead of the current right/left only. Admittedly, while I still don't like the jump, I did get used to it and could work with it.

I'm hopeful that the game does get a content update, as right now it's hard to recommend beyond a tech demo.
01-22-2011, 03:44 AM
FREE for the weekend.

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.

01-26-2011, 08:12 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
game is total crap... I can't believe I gave these egotistical devs $2... what a waste.

also... they need to push their game in the description, not in reviews, trying to goad people into buying a game that's not worth buying is dissatisfactory (to say the least). For a game with "superior technology" I'd expect something that looks - AND PLAYS - WAY better than this...

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 01-26-2011 at 08:16 AM.
01-26-2011, 08:25 AM
yeah game is s*it
01-26-2011, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo6630 View Post
yeah game is s*it
Really, I don't have a problem with crappy games... the appstore is FULL of them... but for the devs to say that this is "above and beyond EVERY other game in the appstore" or that it's "technologically superior" is just shameful.

If your game is crap, listen to what the reviewers have to say, and fix it. Don't just totally dismiss their thoughts because you think you've made some wonderful amazing piece of art.

I've also posted my reviews of this game in the appstore at least 10 times, and for SOME REASON it keeps disappearing... guess the devs don't want people to read a review that's honest...

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 01-26-2011 at 11:42 AM.
01-26-2011, 01:39 PM
WOOO!!! got an e-mail from the devs...

APPARENTLY I am the reason their game isn't selling like they expected it to... WOOHOO!!!

My life now has - yet another - meaning.
02-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Anyone want to take bets on wether or not the devs will address any of the issues their paying customers are complaining about?
02-08-2011, 03:25 PM
What did your email say? I wanna see!

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey
02-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magihiro View Post
What did your email say? I wanna see!
"How much have you cost my company with your excessive and ignorant ratings and reviews?

You have no respect for the hard work which goes into building quality apps or the mountain we had to climb to build what IS a technology-leading game app.

Heck, Gameloft and their multi-million dollar budgets couldn't even get their sound effects to play over the background music of James Cameron's Avatar without the game crashing - but they launched it anyway. Did you blast them and tell others users they would be better off getting AIDS than downloading that app? We launched TW with the dual-play audio ability intact. It took us a day to resolve. Did you even notice it? Most game apps don't even bother with music because it's beyond the dev's ability to program.

My team put in a lot of hard work on TW; they don't need to read your reviews. TW isn't perfect but it's far more advanced than and its quality is superior to most game apps you will find in the App Store.

If we had a budget, if we had funds to market the app, sure, it would be a lot bigger and the MINOR bugs would be worked out. I can't ask my team to keep working for free. More revenues would have been helpful, but someone decided they were going to do their damndest to interfere with our launch.

If you have a problem with the game, then take it up with me but leave the work of my team and enjoyment of those who actually like Torvo's World out of it. "

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE.

**edit**

from what I can tell... the two or three people that have given it good ratings in the AppStore are either the Devs or friends of the devs...

the rest of the reviews are pretty much exactly like mine... makes this e-mail a tad more funny when keeping that in mind...

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 02-08-2011 at 03:30 PM.