★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Silent Hill Like game (no name right now...)

01-02-2011, 04:18 AM
Silent Hill Like game (no name right now...)

Hi there
at first let me introduce myself - I'm a indie developer - and since a year or so I'm developing a game (with an second artist)
We are working on an Silent Hill like game.

here a "gameplay" trailer (actually this are all scenes rendered straight from the device + some post product)

here a screenshot (we don't have a name yet...)

(gui and some other stuff turned off... so we don't spoil anything )

Here are some info's (gameplay trailer will follow in a few days)
-the games is in around 75% done.
-we plan not to include fight scenes (or reduce them to a minimum )
-you actually don't play in a town/city its more the environment around. (forest etc)
-the game is heavy scripted - should mean that a lot of things are going on while you walk through the "world"
-I hope you will like the story - its twisted, wired and hopefully scary enough!!
-This game is actually planed as an "prolog"

I hope we can get some help from you guys
we are searching for a name (temporary it is Silent Forest) maybe you have some ideas?
and what do you think - what we can add besides normal "melee attacks"? I mean fighting is fun but running away from sounds you hear is much better!!

Ps. I'm not an native English speaker so sorry for the mistakes

Last edited by fiveleggedmonster; 01-20-2011 at 07:25 AM.
01-02-2011, 04:23 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
YES! YES! Continue developing it! Don't stop now. The screenshot is AMAZING. If I can get more info this just might be an instabuy. So NO, don't throw it away! Keep it. Trust me. I know what I'm talking about.

Also, Welcome to TouchArcade!

- Crex

01-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Yes please keep on developing this game the graphics look better than some of the top ten on the app store today. If the game is made well and the storyline is good then it could be a big hit. Anyways welcome to TA!
01-02-2011, 09:06 AM
It's all a matter of what resources you can bring to the table. The "silent hill like" games that have come to the App Store have suffered for being too short (Fallen) or too crude (Project 84). Neither had the kind of writing or memorable character that have been the hallmark of the SH series; Fallen probably got the closest to delivering on the atmosphere and tone. Forgotten Memories, due later this year, looks very promising.

Do you have the talent to deliver something that goes beyond a mere shadow of the original game? Something that can stand on its own? If you do, then go full steam ahead. This is one niche that has barely been mined on the platform. If you don't, there are already plenty of mediocre console-clones in the App Store.
01-02-2011, 11:10 AM
Silent Hill Shattered Memories on the PSP is actually the last game I bothered playing to completion mostly due to me wanting to see what kind of psych profile it gave me. Have to say it was accurate which I found suprising the game was very good as well.

I love how that game messed with your mind while you were playing it I'd love to see some others do something similar but all survival horror is welcome.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out
01-02-2011, 06:50 PM
wooooooooooooooooow....no no plz dunn stop...plz go on developing this horror game ..wow we really need this type of games on appstore...appstore is full of doodle jump type games and lack of pure psychologoical horror games so we really need a port or a game like silent hill so plz plz plz dunn stop we appreciate u go on developing this game with this awesome screenshot we have here...and also if u can support us with even more screenshots and as teknikal said any survival horror games is for suure welcome
01-02-2011, 08:19 PM
yes,plz continue with this...silent hill is the best game of that type and if you make somethink simillar i will pay 15$ to buy game....i fully support this!
01-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to swishinj
Yes please continue developing this app! That screen looks great! The iOS community is more hardcore than you think!

You won't find me on the leaderboards.
01-02-2011, 11:34 PM
Yes man plzzz continue developing this game the screen looks awesome!!!!

Btw I'm a big fan of Silent Hill series..........lol

I am the punishment of GOD
if you had not committed great sins
GOD would not have sent
a punishment like me upon you Genghis Khan
01-03-2011, 03:03 AM
Originally Posted by swishinj View Post
...The iOS community is more hardcore than you think!
I hope so!! I come from the xBox360 development so becoming "causal" is actually very hard for me so great to hear you like such type of games.

Ok, so not to spoil much but I need to ask you one thing ..

Starting this project - my initial thought (and gameplay) was: find a melee weapon(stick or something) - run around and kill monsters - ok this was getting old...
So what do you thing about removing fights in total! Your task is simple - survive - and to do so run away. Actually this worked in Shattered Memories.
But they had this cool 3rd person view with tons of animations - I have first person only.

need to hear your thoughts about this!!!