★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Horror games?

01-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Horror games?

Are there any true horror games for the iDevice? By true horror I mean mostly psychological horror, ones that are very suspenseful/mysterious/freaky, untainted by the developer's attempts at trying to turn a scary game into some violent action game. So that rules out stuff like Doom, Rage, RE4, RE Degeneration, the assembly of those silly zombie games, or anything with big guns/excessive blood/violence.
The perfect examples are of course classics like the original Resident Evil (pre-Resident Evil 4) and Silent Hill games, you could walk through the entire game without fighting anyone but it would still be creepy the first few times you play it. Graphics are of no concern, in fact I would prefer excellent 2D graphics over crappy 3D graphics.
Mystique seems be mentioned many times before, any others?

Last edited by November's Chopin; 01-02-2011 at 04:00 PM.
01-02-2011, 03:54 PM
There's a game in the works called Forgotten Memories. It's made by the creators of Dead Strike, but if you were sour on that game, you may be happy to hear that Forgotten Memories is shaping up to be the best psychological horror game on iOS. I really hope it turns out to be as good as it's looking.

Also, if you haven't heard of it before, Prisoner 84 has been out for quite a while. That's a fantastic one that proves that good sound beats out good graphics any day of the week.

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。

01-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
There's a game in the works called Forgotten Memories. It's made by the creators of Dead Strike, but if you were sour on that game, you may be happy to hear that Forgotten Memories is shaping up to be the best psychological horror game on iOS. I really hope it turns out to be as good as it's looking.

Also, if you haven't heard of it before, Prisoner 84 has been out for quite a while. That's a fantastic one that proves that good sound beats out good graphics any day of the week.
I would add Fallen.
01-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I would add Fallen.
I haven't heard of that one. What is it?

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。
01-02-2011, 07:53 PM
soul is pretty creepy, but mostly just difficult

My favorite game is doodle army, so check out the awesome game's twitter
01-02-2011, 08:25 PM
you people don't know that is real horror game,did you try mystique 1 and 2 or Forgotten Memories?
01-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Prisoner 84?

Have a look at Naruto RPG!
Look at Gamebook Adventures for iPhone/iPod/iPad!
I do app descriptions for free
01-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Quote:
I haven't heard of that one. What is it?
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...ghlight=Fallen

It's now free forever and very much worth the download. Sadly, the developer went belly up and we'll never see Ep 2.
01-02-2011, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...ghlight=Fallen

It's now free forever and very much worth the download. Sadly, the developer went belly up and we'll never see Ep 2.
Oh dur... I forgot all about that game. I never got too far in it, but I don't know why. That's really sad to hear there won't be an episode two though :\ Is that 100% confirmed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo6630 View Post
you people don't know that is real horror game,did you try mystique 1 and 2 or Forgotten Memories?
Did you even read any of the thread before you posted?

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。
01-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Oh dur... I forgot all about that game. I never got too far in it, but I don't know why. That's really sad to hear there won't be an episode two though :\ Is that 100% confirmed?

Did you even read any of the thread before you posted?
I remember reading something about trying to get it going again, but when someone makes the source code public domain that's not a good sign .