★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A massive, labyrinthine dungeon, hundreds of mind-bending puzzles, and a dark mystery waiting to be solved. Prepare yourself: Block Rogue is the biggest mobile puzzle adventure game ever made.

Think youre good at solving puzzles? I hope so, because little Ilbin really needs your help. Hes lost in this dungeon, you see, and seems to be suffering from a bit of memory loss. And the only things keeping him company are a bunch of talking mirrors, magic orbs, and a torn-up book of secrets.

Help Ilbin puzzle his way through, and well figure out whats up with this crazy dungeon!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

- Winner of Microsoft-sponsored "Dr. Dobb's Challenge Deuce" competition

- Slide to Play says: "Sokoban has never been as addictive as it is in Block Rogue"

- Recipient of "The Gamers' Temple Award of Excellence"

- Featured as Edge magazine's "Friday Game"

- Featured in Cult of Mac's "Must-Have iOS Games of the Week"

- Featured in GameFront's "Notable Mobiles"

Block Rogue HD is for iPad only! The iPhone version (Block Rogue) will appear in iPhone 4-style HD when played on iPhone 4.

- Block Rogue is a puzzle game where each solution brings you one step closer to discovering the truth!

- Progress is automatically saved! Jump in and jump out at your leisure.

- Puzzle rooms are randomly-generated using ingenious and sinister algorithms for endless replay value!

- Mind-bending room configurations, from standard push-block puzzles to complex amalgamations of roller-balls, switches, death-rays, and more!

- Shockingly-deep lore with secret stories hidden throughout the game!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

A massive, labyrinthine dungeon, hundreds of mind-bending puzzles, and a dark mystery waiting to be solved. Prepare yourself: Block Rogue is the biggest mobile puzzle adventure game ever made.

Think you’re good at solving puzzles? I hope so, because little Ilbin really needs your help. He’s lost in this dungeon, you see, and seems to be suffering from a bit of memory loss. And the only things keeping him company are a bunch of talking mirrors, magic orbs, and a torn-up book of secrets.

Help Ilbin puzzle his way through, and we’ll figure out what’s up with this crazy dungeon!

Game Features..
  • Block Rogue is a puzzle game where each solution brings you one step closer to discovering the truth!
  • Progress is automatically saved! Jump in and out at your leisure.
  • Puzzle rooms are randomly-generated using ingenious and sinister algorithms for endless replay value!
  • Mind-bending room configurations, from standard push-block puzzles to complex amalgamations of roller-balls, switches, death-rays, and more!
  • Shockingly-deep lore with secret stories hidden throughout the game!

iPhone Version: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=79217

The game is out in US and costs $2.99
01-03-2011, 06:58 AM
This looks like something potentially interesting ......

-----
On GC I am FPEX

01-03-2011, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPE View Post
This looks like something potentially interesting ......
Agreed endless puzzles looks pretty good depending on how easy or hard they are
01-04-2011, 07:19 AM
Anyone taken the plunge yet? It looks like it might be pretty good but so far, no impressions.
01-04-2011, 07:40 AM
Check the iPhone thread.

-----
On GC I am FPEX
01-04-2011, 08:13 AM
i picked it up last night. the game has good music, and the graphics are cute, but honestly it doesn't seem to be very hard. the game is designed to be played through multiple times. and different paths are made cause at the end of each level there is two doors.there is a reverse pyramid map that shows your current position in the maze. i think the game said it has 315 levels, but you'll only see 25 per playthrough. now i might have prejudged the hardness (or lack of) cause i have only played through 7 of the levels, but i seems very difficult to actually loose at this game. (i.e pushing a block against a wall.) overall i like the game. i has a vibe of Lolo from the nes days!
01-04-2011, 01:53 PM
It does get harder! If you restart the game, you can select the challenge mode which starts out with the more difficult puzzles immediately.
01-04-2011, 08:22 PM
nice! i been busy all day and haven't had a chance to get back onto my ipad. glad the difficulty increases cause i love a challenge!!