★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Battle Bears -1 for Mac

01-04-2011, 04:39 AM
Battle Bears -1 for Mac

Yes, huggables invade your Mac, possibly in time for launch this week. AWSUM!

http://www.facebook.com/battlebearsgame

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
01-04-2011, 04:43 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Wow that looks fun!

01-05-2011, 03:07 AM
BATTLE BEARS -1 Mac Edition

After a week of sleepless nights, we've submitted a solid build to the Mac App Store. We're praying that Apple has it in their kind hearts to approve our game for the grand opening tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

BATTLE BEARS -1 Mac looks and plays entirely different with new particle effects, higher res textures, tons of enemies, and more. There's so much hi-res stuff in this version that it's over 750MB! This also includes the full set of HD cut scenes.

Here's another screen shot. Will post up some video soon. But gotta catch some Zzzzs first.

01-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Any chance of seeing it on Steam as well for us mixed windows/osx households?
01-06-2011, 02:42 AM
We actually just submitted to STEAM! They said they'll review the game this week and let us know know what they think next week. Fingers crossed! We think BATTLE BEARS -1 would make an awesome STEAM game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersurge View Post
Any chance of seeing it on Steam as well for us mixed windows/osx households?
01-06-2011, 03:01 AM
Congrats on the submission.
01-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Upcoming Mac App Store games?

But BATTLE BEARS -1 is available now... We need to change the title of this sub forum... OR, or I guess I could make a post in the available Mac App Store Games forum that says something like "BATTLE BEARS -1 NOW AVAILABLE ON THE MAC APP STORE" but that would be too obvious.

Battle Bears -1 on the Mac App Store demands subtlety. It's a fine, delicate art, letting people know that
Battle Bears -1 is now available on the Mac App Store. You don't want to beat people over the head with it, repeating over and over something like "BATTLE BEARS -1 NOW AVAILABLE IN THE MAC APP STORE!" lest they become irritated and disregard the message entirely... I guess they could, but, the more one sees or hears that "BATTLE BEARS -1 IS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE MAC APP STORE!" the more it becomes ingrained, the more it becomes a part of your very being <3

Maybe I'll just go ahead and post a topic about it in the other boards.
01-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Action View Post
Upcoming Mac App Store games?

But BATTLE BEARS -1 is available now... We need to change the title of this sub forum... OR, or I guess I could make a post in the available Mac App Store Games forum that says something like "BATTLE BEARS -1 NOW AVAILABLE ON THE MAC APP STORE" but that would be too obvious.

Battle Bears -1 on the Mac App Store demands subtlety. It's a fine, delicate art, letting people know that
Battle Bears -1 is now available on the Mac App Store. You don't want to beat people over the head with it, repeating over and over something like "BATTLE BEARS -1 NOW AVAILABLE IN THE MAC APP STORE!" lest they become irritated and disregard the message entirely... I guess they could, but, the more one sees or hears that "BATTLE BEARS -1 IS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE MAC APP STORE!" the more it becomes ingrained, the more it becomes a part of your very being <3

Maybe I'll just go ahead and post a topic about it in the other boards.
So is it out yet?

Lightning Strike Games Development Blog
01-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmiral View Post
So is it out yet?
You tell me <3

Also, yes