★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

A new game every weekend!

01-04-2011, 12:25 PM
A new game every weekend!

EDIT: I will now post trailers and links for games we've completed here

Dirt:

Youtube link | Pop Up

To The Pods!!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Skwerl:
http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/skwerl/id413989057?mt=8

Smoothie Operator:
http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/smoothie-operator/id415452667?mt=8

Hello TouchArcaders,

Starting this weekend, besides our main project, Broken Kings will also be releasing smaller games on the weekend. In fact, the intention is to make a new game every weekend - for as long as doing so remains enjoyable both for us and those who play the games.

Some more details in this post...

Youtube link | Pop Up

If you remember our attempt at Magnet Dirigible, you might be thinking, "Wait, you didn't finish your 24 hour game, why should you be able to make games in a weekend?" Well, we're defining weekend as Fri-Sun, which is 3 times as much time as Magnet Dirigible had. And, Magnet Dirigible was over half done

Stay tuned this Friday, when the first game will start production. We will be posting lots of videos to youtube, screenshots and photos to our facebook page, so please, watch these spaces to watch our progress!

As well, we happily welcome any ideas you guys have for short games you think would be fun.

Last edited by BrokenKings; 02-02-2011 at 05:11 PM.
01-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Week #1 game has been designed! In this game, you play as a squirrel, climbing a tree and avoiding the dangers therein. Gameplay will be quick and frantic, for you are being chased by spiders! Art will be generally whimsical and irreverent.

Expect screenshots and status updates from now until Sunday night!

I am Stephen, and I will be working on programming this game for the next few days. The rest of the team should be here to introduce themselves in the next little while

Oh, one last detail, here is our kickoff meeting that we had yesterday, for those of you curious what kind of people and circumstances it takes to make a game every weekend.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by BrokenKings; 01-07-2011 at 01:43 PM.

01-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenKings View Post
Week #1 game has been designed! In this game, you play as a squirrel, climbing a tree and avoiding the dangers therein. Gameplay will be quick and frantic, for you are being chased by spiders! Art will be generally whimsical and irreverent.

Expect screenshots and status updates from now until Sunday night!

I am Stephen, and I will be working on programming this game for the next few days. The rest of the team should be here to introduce themselves in the next little while

Oh, one last detail, here is our kickoff meeting that we had yesterday, for those of you curious what kind of people and circumstances it takes to make a game every weekend.

Youtube link | Pop Up
Checking-in! I'm Bernadette, essentially the social media person, and team assistant.

On twitter; dettiekinz
Email: Bernadette-@-brokenkings-dot-com

01-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Lopintroduction

My name is Lopi. I will be programming. If you see something that is in the game, I either programmed it or did not. I am also a designer, so when it comes to games that require more design than the initial design, that will be what I will be doing. I also emit an aura of awesomeness, boosting the other members' awesome meters by 12%. I think that's the most important role I play on this team. My name is Lopi.
01-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopiken View Post
My name is Lopi. I will be programming. If you see something that is in the game, I either programmed it or did not. I am also a designer, so when it comes to games that require more design than the initial design, that will be what I will be doing. I also emit an aura of awesomeness, boosting the other members' awesome meters by 12%. I think that's the most important role I play on this team. My name is Lopi.
I contest the fifth and sixth sentences of this post.

We has a BLOG!: blog.BrokenKings.com | FanPage: www.BrokenKings.com
Contact me! e-mail: Bernadette@BrokenKings.com Twitter: dettiekinz
Playing: Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Watching: Lynda Videos
01-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopiken View Post
I'd like to contest the first and last sentence.

Anyways, hopefully it won't be just us talking to ourselves for much longer. WE have some real stuff happening already The artists, Jenna and Josiah, have backgrounds and a tree in progress. Lopi and I have some awesome placeholder art in, and so already have started constructing the tree with code, as well as have the squirrel (sort of) hopping from place to place.

Feast your eyes on this programmer-art laden beauty!

Don't worry - it's going to look more like this concept before we're done:

(The yes and nos represent where the squirrel will be able to jump )
01-07-2011, 04:06 PM
this is cool
01-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Hey, I'm Josiah. I'm the sound guy and one of two artists.

!

~Josiah
01-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah Tobin View Post
Hey, I'm Josiah. I'm the sound guy and one of two artists.

!

~Josiah
Eeeee cute! XD

We has a BLOG!: blog.BrokenKings.com | FanPage: www.BrokenKings.com
Contact me! e-mail: Bernadette@BrokenKings.com Twitter: dettiekinz
Playing: Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Watching: Lynda Videos
01-07-2011, 05:42 PM

I am Jennalee I am an artist at Broken Kings ^_^
I am the Squirrel up above's Fiance >.0