Support our Sponsors:

Old 07-28-2010, 10:53 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Wrestling Games?

I did a search of the app store and only found 2 wrestling games, TNA and WWE Legends. Are there any that are in development? I could really get into a old school type of wrestling game like the arcade classics Wrestlefest or Main Event.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:10 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares4life View Post
I did a search of the app store and only found 2 wrestling games, TNA and WWE Legends. Are there any that are in development? I could really get into a old school type of wrestling game like the arcade classics Wrestlefest or Main Event.
You found TNA? What region are you in? I thought it was pulled about 2 or 3 months ago.

Anyway, besides that and WWE Legends of WM, that's about it for wrestling games on the iPhone. WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010 was out for about 2 days back in December or January, but was pulled for controls or some other issue and never actually came back to the app store. Nothing like Wrestlefest or Main Event. I only wish.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:30 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I got TNA over a year ago and didn't know it was pulled. It wasn't really my cup of tea though. I guess I can only hope that some developer comes out with a good arcade type of wrestling game.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:14 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares4life View Post
I got TNA over a year ago and didn't know it was pulled. It wasn't really my cup of tea though. I guess I can only hope that some developer comes out with a good arcade type of wrestling game.
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I actually quite liked TNA (well, moreso than Legends of Wrestlemania or SVR 10 for iPhone), but I hear ya about wanting a good arcade wrestling game. Been looking for one of those since I came to the app store.

I think the chances of Wrestlefest getting re-released are pretty slim considering the licensing problems there would be with some of the wrestlers, but as far as I know, Konami still owns "Main Event", and they're active on the app store, so it's not out of the realm of possibility. Personally, I'd love to see "Mat Mania", or a port of one of the Fire Pro Wrestling games, but I think the chances of either of those ever happening are pretty slim.

Last edited by Ouisch; 07-28-2010 at 03:50 PM..
Old 07-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Señor Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I don't know any wrestling games in development, but I know there's a UFC game being made.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:20 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
I don't know any wrestling games in development, but I know there's a UFC game being made.
Heh, is it weird to be a big fan of wrestling... and not like UFC?

I've never been much of a fan of "real" fighting, guess I just like the flash, acrobatics, and over the top characters of wrestling. Though if drop-kicks, suplexes, and enzuigiris start showing up with great regularity in the UFC... I might become a convert.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Señor Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouisch View Post
Heh, is it weird to be a big fan of wrestling... and not like UFC?

I've never been much of a fan of "real" fighting, guess I just like the flash, acrobatics, and over the top characters of wrestling. Though if drop-kicks, suplexes, and enzuigiris start showing up with great regularity in the UFC... I might become a convert.
Yeah, I can understand that. Wrestling seems more entertaining than UFC and boxing. Especially Mexican/Lucha libre wrestling with the masks. Midget wrestling is pretty cool too
Old 07-28-2010, 06:08 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Is the WWE game any good? I've been thinking about buying it for months, but ever since I played the abomination that is Legends of Wrestlemania for PS3, I get second thoughts every time my mouse hovers over the "Buy" button...
Old 07-28-2010, 06:16 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewwhatever View Post
Is the WWE game any good? I've been thinking about buying it for months, but ever since I played the abomination that is Legends of Wrestlemania for PS3, I get second thoughts every time my mouse hovers over the "Buy" button...
No, not really. Since they updated the controls to a pad and buttons, it's a lot better than it was. Still a smallish roster, some glaring exceptions for a "Legends of Wrestlemania" game (no Hogan?), pretty crummy looking character models, a lack of variety of moves, generic entrances, etc etc. It seems like they spent more time on the "create a wrestler" side of the game than they did on the actual game itself (which doesn't really appeal to me).

If it was cheaper, maybe, but for the $4.99 price tag, I haven't played it enough to really justify it. I liked the TNA Wrestling app a lot better, but it was more of an RPG (and is now pulled).

However, at this point in time, if you want a wrestling game on your iPhone, you don't really have any other choices.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:29 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Wait... how did you find TNA? What country do you live in? That game was the best RPG in the App Store for quite some time. In fact, I still find myself playing it here and there now, even after beating it twice and having games like Final Fantasy 2 and Chaos Rings. If there's any way you can buy it, get it before it gets pulled.

I also heard about another TNA game being made for the DS and iPhone, but unfortunately it won't be another awesome RPG like the original TNA wrestling.