★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: The Creeps! 1.5.0 (+GameCenter) Out NOW!

01-05-2011, 05:53 PM
The Creeps! 1.5.0 (+GameCenter) Out NOW!

The Creeps! 1.5.0 has finally been approved and is available now.

Agon has stopped fixing bugs or providing updates of any kind (due to lack of funding), so we've had to drop Agon for high scores and awards. But the good news is...

The Creeps! now supports Leaderboards and Achievements through Apple's Game Center!!

01-05-2011, 06:02 PM
You Rock! Downloading (again) now

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatusernameistaken
There's this thing they invented way back in the 80's, it's called a "Joke". You may want to look into it...
Instagram: i5_david, feel free to add me

01-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Yay gamecenter! You rock stormy!

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
01-05-2011, 06:54 PM
I just updated it, thanks

"Even fate can sometimes be a victim of chance." - Clarice Willow
01-06-2011, 08:03 AM
Just updated - all achievements are gone, all levels locked again - be warnet - I'm thinking about deleting the app because I've to start the whole game over again for the second time now :-(
01-06-2011, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.ihls View Post
Just updated - all achievements are gone, all levels locked again - be warnet - I'm thinking about deleting the app because I've to start the whole game over again for the second time now :-(
That stinks. I don't want to update and lose all my unlocked levels and scores.
01-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.ihls View Post
Oh no... I already downloaded it, synced it and deleted the previous version

So disappointed they pulled a Minibore update.

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
01-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Send a message via ICQ to kralle777
My saves are gone too
01-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer View Post
That stinks. I don't want to update and lose all my unlocked levels and scores.
. I'm sorry about the inconvenience guys, but some people (not everyone) will run into this issue and there's nothing that can be done to prevent it... let me explain:

If you remember, The Creeps! relied on Agon (www.agon-online.com) for high scores (online AND offline) and awards (same as achievements). One of the big reasons I had to drop support for it is that there is a major bug in their anti-cheating algorithm that incorrectly wipes out many people's scores whenever anything changes (for instance, you get a new update or maybe you restore your iPhone from iTunes). Basically, it thinks you tampered with your scores (even though you didn't) so it erases everything. Since Agon never managed to acquire funding, they stopped providing bug fixes and feature updates months ago. This also means that at some point in the future, Agon's online high scores (for ALL Agon games) are going to be lost forever when Agon finally shuts down it's servers.

I decided to go with Game Center as a replacement because I know it will always be kept up to date and compatible with future versions of iOS. To help ease the transition, the game imports your Agon scores and unlocked levels to the offline profile. The problem is it won't work for everyone because of that major bug in Agon I mentioned above.

Also, there were other weaknesses in Agon's scoring system that allowed many cheaters to post bogus scores. So between Agon causing you to lose your scores/awards/unlocked levels and the high scores being full of cheaters with impossibly high scores, I decided it was time for a fresh start. Everyone back on equal footing. Every Game Center profile starts new with no scores or badges or unlocked levels. You can have multiple Game Center profiles, just switch inside the Game Center App.

As long as The Creeps! kept relying on Agon, many people's scores were going to be wiped out every update and there was nothing I could do to fix it. This is frustrating for me as well as many players, and again, I'm very sorry for the trouble its caused.

Last edited by RegularStormy; 01-06-2011 at 01:27 PM.
01-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularStormy View Post
. I'm sorry about the inconvenience guys, but some people (not everyone) will run into this issue and there's nothing that can be done to prevent it... let me explain:

If you remember, The Creeps! relied on Agon (www.agon-online.com) for high scores (online AND offline) and awards (same as achievements). One of the big reasons I had to drop support for it is that there is a major bug in their anti-cheating algorithm that incorrectly wipes out many people's scores whenever anything changes (for instance, you get a new update or maybe you restore your iPhone from iTunes). Basically, it thinks you tampered with your scores (even though you didn't) so it erases everything. Since Agon never managed to acquire funding, they stopped providing bug fixes and feature updates months ago. This also means that at some point in the future, Agon's online high scores (for ALL Agon games) are going to be lost forever when Agon finally shuts down it's servers.

I decided to go with Game Center as a replacement because I know it will always be kept up to date and compatible with future versions of iOS. To help ease the transition, the game imports your Agon scores and unlocked levels to the offline profile. The problem is it won't work for everyone because of that major bug in Agon I mentioned above.

Also, there were other weaknesses in Agon's scoring system that allowed many cheaters to post bogus scores. So between Agon causing you to lose your scores/awards/unlocked levels and the high scores being full of cheaters with impossibly high scores, I decided it was time for a fresh start. Everyone back on equal footing. Every Game Center profile starts new with no scores or badges or unlocked levels. You can have multiple Game Center profiles, just switch inside the Game Center App.

As long as The Creeps! kept relying on Agon, many people's scores were going to be wiped out every update and there was nothing I could do to fix it. This is frustrating for me as well as many players, and again, I'm very sorry for the trouble its caused.
Thanks for the explaination. While if it can't be prevented then I might as well just update now and start all over. After all, The Creeps is still my favorite tower devense game on the App Store.