Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-04-2011, 02:41 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxynidus View Post
Good ol' 4x Machine Guns. Cheap strategy, but hey, it wasn't easy. The most difficult rounds were 19 to 22 or so, and it got easier after that.
agree!
19~22 is the most difficult.
After passing that, it's like routine.
(i mean office at easy level, haha)
Old 02-04-2011, 08:28 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen)

Send a message via Skype™ to Nullroar

Been playing during lunchbreak and all last night.

Round 141 on easy so far. Not dead yet.

I'll update you when I die.

EDIT: Btw, new device, brand new install, so I don't even HAVE the other turrets yet. I had to literally earn the upgrades as I played. Very first game with this device.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:12 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I seem to have more trouble with the scorpions than anything else.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:50 AM
iPad, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCFields View Post
I seem to have more trouble with the scorpions than anything else.
Yeah I hate it when these buggers ambush you when you're strolling around. That's why when scorpions spawn I just find myself a corner and keep shooting at them with Ant. Mini gun + Lucky shot does the trick, and entrench if they're getting too close.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:10 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxynidus View Post
Yeah I hate it when these buggers ambush you when you're strolling around. That's why when scorpions spawn I just find myself a corner and keep shooting at them with Ant. Mini gun + Lucky shot does the trick, and entrench if they're getting too close.
thanks!
Old 02-04-2011, 01:07 PM
iPad, iOS 6.x

Concerning the difficulty of the game, the game gets really tough between rounds 18 to 22 or so, but after that it becomes dramatically easier. This doesn't change on Hard. So why is it that it gets "easier" from that point onward? I'm not sure what exactly changes, but I think I was no longer swarmed by all kinds of bugs at the same time (I remember wondering why the map felt so empty). So perhaps merely changing the variety of bugs would be sufficient to maintain the difficulty levels in later rounds, like having to deal with grub launchers + centipedes and other deadly combinations.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:35 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen)

Send a message via Skype™ to Nullroar

The bugs you should worry about are not scorps.

Top priority bugs, in order:

Grub Launcher (if one spawns, you MUST search for it. Hit main spawn spots and use and teleport to scan and see if it spawned at the low ledge on the other side of the table. If not, you have time - it's rolling up through the hallway inside the wall crack.

Queen Ant (again, if one spawns, you MUST search it out and eliminate it).

Slugs (after about round 40 they start appearing in massive groups. They are myriad, heavily armored/hp'ed, and litter the battlefield with poison that will wreak havoc on your health/food juggling. Again, if they spawn, you MUST seek them out and kill them.

All other bugs can be ignored until they come to you. ALL other bugs.
Butterflies can be easily taken care of by placing mines at that corner of the base they usually attack from (at the ledge). Any stunning move, including ant teleport, can also be used when they are close to the ledge to knock them off.

I'll have a more comprehensive guide once I die.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:44 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullroar View Post
The bugs you should worry about are not scorps.

Top priority bugs, in order:

Grub Launcher (if one spawns, you MUST search for it. Hit main spawn spots and use and teleport to scan and see if it spawned at the low ledge on the other side of the table. If not, you have time - it's rolling up through the hallway inside the wall crack.

Queen Ant (again, if one spawns, you MUST search it out and eliminate it).

Slugs (after about round 40 they start appearing in massive groups. They are myriad, heavily armored/hp'ed, and litter the battlefield with poison that will wreak havoc on your health/food juggling. Again, if they spawn, you MUST seek them out and kill them.

All other bugs can be ignored until they come to you. ALL other bugs.
Butterflies can be easily taken care of by placing mines at that corner of the base they usually attack from (at the ledge). Any stunning move, including ant teleport, can also be used when they are close to the ledge to knock them off.

I'll have a more comprehensive guide once I die.
thanks! what's the best method for taking out the queen ant ?
Old 02-04-2011, 01:48 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCFields View Post
My personal favorite is using the Beetles earthquake jump, then running up and attacking with the spider and possibly using Beetles squash-em or spiders assassin bomb if I need it dead fast.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:51 PM
iPad, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullroar View Post
That's not always the case. Their range is not infinite, so it's possible to let the base defenses take them out by luring them there (by hiding behind objects, or standing in the corner near the base), though that might be difficult to do when MGs' range is nerfed.

Quote:
Assassin Bomb. Use Superior Assassin (And possibly other abilities like Earthquake Jump and Warrior Gauntlet if necessary) and search for her quickly and bomb her.