★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-28-2012, 02:50 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,867
What heroe is the best when dealing with scorpions & centipede & what equipment?

Drat!
11-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 9,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCFields View Post
What heroe is the best when dealing with scorpions & centipede & what equipment?
Oh man, lemme see if I can recall my wisdom of old...

Beetle with Squash 'Em, definitely... activate Colossus with Beetle and Adrenaline and just start whackin' 'em.

Geez, I can't remember any more... Ant with Howitzer, I think.

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.

11-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 9,567
Actually, for Scorpions you wanna make sure they're stunned or something if you're whacking at 'em with Beetle, 'cause those things can pack a whallop. So that's why I liked using a couple Zapper turrets maxed out, so when the Scorps come, they have a chance to get stunned, then you just hit 'em with Squash 'Em, then activate Colossus or Adrenaline and start whackin' 'em.

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
11-28-2012, 06:11 PM
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 25
I just started playing again after putting the game down for a year or so- still as addictive as ever. Pond with Fly/Worm/Termite (+2 lasers, Sniper, MG, and a healthy refusal of exploration quests) is great for getting those buy all weapons/level all bugs achievements.

Primary: 5/New iPad | Secondary: 3GS/iPad 1.
Current favorites: Defender Chronicles II, Bug Heroes
GC/OF/Plus+/Crystal/Steam: Gritztastic
11-28-2012, 06:48 PM
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 281
Man, good to see this thread come alive again (Hey Oxynidus!). Still my all time favorite game.

I didn't realize that Oxynidus is still #1 in the coliseum. Amazing. (Remember when everybody thought Grasshopper was underpowered?).

Sadly, I rarely play Bug Heroes much anymore, because the games take so long because I'm too good. Bahahaha.
11-29-2012, 09:26 AM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,867
I'm still not very fond of the sniper turrets, their firing rate is just too DAMNED slow. The faster bugs zip right past them. Anyone using sniper turrets in higher rounds successfully?

Drat!
11-29-2012, 09:27 AM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Actually, for Scorpions you wanna make sure they're stunned or something if you're whacking at 'em with Beetle, 'cause those things can pack a whallop. So that's why I liked using a couple Zapper turrets maxed out, so when the Scorps come, they have a chance to get stunned, then you just hit 'em with Squash 'Em, then activate Colossus or Adrenaline and start whackin' 'em.
Thanks DR. Frankenstein, any crazy turrets setups lately?

Drat!
11-29-2012, 10:15 AM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 9,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJay View Post
Man, good to see this thread come alive again (Hey Oxynidus!). Still my all time favorite game.
Same here. My love for this game surpasses all love. I want to kiss it. On the lips. While listening to Marvin Gaye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCFields View Post
Thanks DR. Frankenstein, any crazy turrets setups lately?
Nope, haven't played this game in a while, I had to remove it from my iPod due to space issues... *heartache*

But it's first on my list to be re-installed when I get my 64gb!!!

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
12-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 9,567
@Foursaken, are there any plans to add widescreen support to this game? Would love to play it with widescreen support on my 5th gen!

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
12-17-2012, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
@Foursaken, are there any plans to add widescreen support to this game? Would love to play it with widescreen support on my 5th gen!
I wish I could say yes As much as we'd love to, it's built on tech that is too old to easily make it widescreen. All of the assets are setup in a way such that it's basically impossible without redoing everything.

All of our games being developed now and in the future will have widescreen support though... Who knows, that might include some form of BH in the future