App description: From the creators of N.Y.Zombies comes an all new blend of action, adventure, castle defense, and role playing elements! Master up to nine legendary Bug Heroes, including a sword wielding Spider assassin, an armored Beetle warrior, a machine gun toting Ant engineer, and more! Shoot, slice, dice, and bash your enemies with a variety of skills, abilities and equipment. Stockpile food, fortify your base, and defend it from hordes of hungry bugs. Explore a variety of familiar landscapes from an all new miniature perspective, collecting food, coins and other items. Enter Bug Heroes, an epic fantasy world you never knew existed!

--------------------------

Ranked one of the top iOS games of 2011 (metacritic.com)!!

"...it's going to be really hard to ever find a way to enjoy a typical dual-stick shooter again."
-- toucharcade.com

"One part castle defense, two parts dual stick shooter, and a dash of RPG; Bug Heroes is the most interesting blend of iPhone gaming Ive see since Infinity Blade."
-- 148apps.com

"Bug Heroes has slick presentation, charm, and lasting appeal... In my opinion this is one of those games that defines the iOS platform for gamers."
-- appadvice.com

"Without a doubt, Bug Heroes is the year's first must-have release."
-- ifanzine.com

FEATURES:

- A seamless blend of action, adventure, castle defense, and role playing elements!

- 10 unique Bug Heroes to play as, each with different strengths, weaknesses, equipment, and personalities. Choose any 3 heroes to take into battle!

- Level-up your Bug Heroes, increase their skills, and customize them with a huge variety of equipment and abilities!

- Melee and ranged combat. Slice your enemies with swords, swat bugs off of ledges or into walls, and blast them from long range with rifles and machine guns!

- Scour the lands for food, then defend your food stash from hordes of hungry bugs. Build turrets and fortify your base!

- Optional, randomized side quests for even more depth and re-playability!

- Over 50 unique enemy types, ranging from tiny fleas to giant snails. Detailed "Insectopedia" for background info and strategies on every single enemy!

- Multiple profiles and game saves, tons of achievements, and online leaderboards!

- Supports all devices, old and new. Enjoy crisp retina graphics on the iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4g!

TRAILER:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ErYZbs5Q7c

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, and for all news on upcoming updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @FoursakenMedia!

Nekcik's comments:
"From the makers of N.Y.Zombies..."

Youtube link | Pop Up
01-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Media View Post
Veeery interesting We were actually brainstorming a similar idea for a new map: the Bug Blimp... same idea really. Hmmmm, a Bug Copter could be even better though...
A bug blimp, like a vehicle so that your heroes could fly around above other bugs? It would go well with a map where you're fighting in the rafters.

Also, what about a hint for the upcoming map? Like the two most common cord or something.
01-12-2011, 12:36 PM
We're keeping all new levels and characters under wraps for the time being...

STP review: http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/bug...w#comment18509

01-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Veeery interesting We were actually brainstorming a similar idea for a new map: the Bug Blimp... same idea really. Hmmmm, a Bug Copter could be even better though...
I think the bug copeter is cooler. And more uhm realistic... I mean, it's much more likeley there's be a toy heli flying arround a room than a toy blimp.
01-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Quote:
We're keeping all new levels and characters under wraps for the time being...

STP review: http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/bug...w#comment18509
Good job guys!

I'd like to add. Played kitchen normal last night. Made it to 26,
there was major, major slow down. Had so many bugs on screen
the controls were not responsive and I died as a result. Furthermore
I was unable to post my score (a new high for me) as the post button
was blank.

Aside from this, amazingly fun! Loving it, can't wait for more updates.
01-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Post deleted

Drat!

Last edited by WCFields; 01-12-2011 at 02:32 PM.
01-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Quote:
LOVE this!!! Squadron of flys idea gave me a chuckle and flys or other flying live thing may make more sense than having a helicopter show up. Either way, I like it! Kinda like the Eagle in Angry Birds if you set it so the flying help is sufficient to clear a level.

Oh, are there a set number of enemies on a level so more won't spawn 'till the next level once they are all clear? I've been trying to survive the time period rather than proactively taking out all bugs. I've only played a bit though.
01-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DahakaJR View Post
I'd like to add. Played kitchen normal last night. Made it to 26, there was major, major slow down. Had so many bugs on screen the controls were not responsive and I died as a result. Furthermore I was unable to post my score (a new high for me) as the post button was blank.
what device were you using? also, were you paying the latest version of Bug Heroes (1.0.1), or the release version (1.0)?
01-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Miles View Post
what device were you using? also, were you paying the latest version of Bug Heroes (1.0.1), or the release version (1.0)?
3GS iOS 4.2.1, newest updated Bug Heroes. Must have been over
30 bugs on the screen. Complete slowdown to a freeze. Then the controls
were unresponsive. So I perished. No biggie though, bested my highest
score, then imwas unable to post it as the post button was blank.
01-12-2011, 02:28 PM
willl there be more colisium maps? or just adventure maps...
01-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Miles View Post
Miles! I knew we'd find you eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahakaJR View Post
3GS iOS 4.2.1, newest updated Bug Heroes. Must have been over
30 bugs on the screen. Complete slowdown to a freeze. Then the controls
were unresponsive. So I perished. No biggie though, bested my highest
score, then imwas unable to post it as the post button was blank.
Did you close out all backgrounded apps? Also, I've experienced the no post high score button problem, but I think it's because you didn't beat your old high score or don't have internet.