★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iRacing from PlayMesh

03-25-2009, 04:23 AM
iRacing from PlayMesh

It seems that PlayMesh has released an iMafia clone around racing....
As with iMafia this one is free.
http://appshopper.com/games/iracing

Just d/l.

Add me: GameCenter: Crypton72
Agon|CloudCell|GameloftLive!|OpenFeint|Plus+: Crypton
Proud Member of Touch Arcaders Against Piracy!
Follow me on Twitter!
03-25-2009, 04:27 AM
I love iRacing everything that you guys have done on it so far as been amazing. I would just love to see different car makes for COT's and Trucks though. Thanks for the link ill try this new from iMafia

Cloyd V
Gadget Inspectors Offers latest hi tech gadget reviews, latest audio electronics, gaming accessories, hardware updates and more.

03-25-2009, 05:08 AM
Exact same game!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyd3robert View Post
I love iRacing everything that you guys have done on it so far as been amazing. I would just love to see different car makes for COT's and Trucks though. Thanks for the link ill try this new from iMafia
Is it just me, or are the stats from the screenshots the EXACT SAME STATS as those from iMafia (and in fact, every blimmin' mafia game, whether on App Store, Facebook, MySpace or online!)????????

Seems to me that they're willing to just slap on some fresh paint onto the same bodywork and hope punters will buy the reward packs. At least they could have tried to make things a little more interesting by varying the details a little!!!!
03-25-2009, 05:18 AM
Yeah, it's exactly the same game. I'm currently thinking about how to spend the 12 honor points, which I got for completing the tutorial...
But its THE chance to get a head start and get as much properties as possible to get into the leaderboards. At least for me.
I don't think I can get enough properties in iMafia to compete with them up in the leaderboards....

Add me: GameCenter: Crypton72
Agon|CloudCell|GameloftLive!|OpenFeint|Plus+: Crypton
Proud Member of Touch Arcaders Against Piracy!
Follow me on Twitter!
03-25-2009, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypton View Post
Yeah, it's exactly the same game. I'm currently thinking about how to spend the 12 honor points, which I got for completing the tutorial...
But its THE chance to get a head start and get as much properties as possible to get into the leaderboards. At least for me.
I don't think I can get enough properties in iMafia to compete with them up in the leaderboards....
Good luck for when other players buy their way to success over you
03-25-2009, 08:07 AM
This game is iMafia they just made a few things different. Some of the cars even have the same graphics, pretty sloppy if you ask me.
03-25-2009, 08:29 AM
Makes sense though. They want to leverage their existing assets, so they're just making an iMafia game that might appeal to those who don't dig the whole mafia theme. It could definitely use a better paint job though -- menus and things that fit better with the new theme and don't look so much like they were recycled wholesale from iMafia. I know they were, but the idea is to avoid making that fact quite so obvious.

Still, gives me something else to periodically spend a few minutes on when I run out of turns in iMafia.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
03-26-2009, 10:03 AM
There is already a level 40 on iracing... WTF?!?!?
must be a bug he used or something because that is IMPOSSIBLE
03-26-2009, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn12345 View Post
There is already a level 40 on iracing... WTF?!?!?
must be a bug he used or something because that is IMPOSSIBLE
Not if he bought PlayMesh points used them to increase his energy. More energy = more missions = more experience.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
03-26-2009, 01:48 PM
"iRacing" is a registered trademark. www.iracing.com Playmesh will have to find a new name