★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Radio Flare - On sale and a question

03-25-2009, 04:40 AM
Radio Flare - On sale and a question

99cents for Radio Flare

Looks good, I loved Rez, the game appeals.

But... I assume the ship is controlled by the left thumb? If so how easy is it to dodge missiles given my big thumb will be covering the ship in order to move it. I am not asking how easy the game is, just how fine the control can be in life-threatening circumstances
03-25-2009, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markx2 View Post
99cents for Radio Flare

Looks good, I loved Rez, the game appeals.

But... I assume the ship is controlled by the left thumb? If so how easy is it to dodge missiles given my big thumb will be covering the ship in order to move it. I am not asking how easy the game is, just how fine the control can be in life-threatening circumstances
My advise play the lite version, I just downloaded yesterday and just picked up the game when I saw it on sale.

Your thumb does get in the way a bit but its not so hard to avoid things from what early play of the lite version I have tried.
03-25-2009, 04:44 AM
Yeah frankly for 99 cents you can do a lot worse I can easily reccomend at that price.
03-25-2009, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varkman View Post
Yeah frankly for 99 cents you can do a lot worse I can easily reccomend at that price.
Ya I wouldn't have picked it up at 4 bucks but at a dollar I'm sure I'll get enough out of the game.
03-25-2009, 05:16 AM
I picked it up at $3. I feel games that correllate the background music with gameplay are awesomely engaging.
03-25-2009, 05:57 AM
I personally didn't like it too much. Even when I had plenty of enemies to dodge, it felt boring. Music's nice enough. Your thumb doesn't really get in the way too much.

Oh, and it's short, so watch out. But for 99c you can't really go wrong...it's still a pretty decent shooter, but it's not staying on my front page or two.