★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: EdisonGame
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 12.2 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4 (4)
App description: The Blocks Cometh
This is a fast-paced, retro-style action game. Run, dodge and jump your way to safety as an angry rain of just about blocks falls and builds a mountain of platforms for you to climb up, up up.

DESCRIPTION
Stay on top of the falling brings and keep in mind that they could crush you to pieces if you fail to dodge them.

Jump. Climb. Smash. Escape. Help ninja survive the avalanche of Blocks and climb ever higher to escape the dreadful Monster From The Deep! Can you beat the highscore?

FEATURES
Online worldwide leaderboards with GameCenter
Online worldwide leaderboards with Openfeint
Supercool 8-bit pixel art
Eye-popping cartoon graphics and beautiful multi-layered backdrops
break the blocks with sword.
jump and smash the block
Submit score to Facebook & Twitter
challenge friends

HOW TO PLAY
Tilt to move left or right, tap the screen to jump and attack with your sword!
Don't let blocks squash you!
You can smash blocks with your sword.
you can grab on to blocks by pressing against them
press this button while blockhugging to perforem a block jump

nikhsterboi's comments:
DON'T BUY THIS IS A FAKE!

http://www.gamesbutler.com/game/4346/The_Blocks_Cometh/

01-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Bought it! Pretty fun. Blocks fall from the top, you try to get as high as possible without galling past the bottom of the screen and without being crushed by a block. You can also smash blocks. Not too many achievements, though, still a fun game well worth a buck.

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!

01-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Needs virtual buttons, as an option besides the tilt. I like it though.

Not exactly the same as the flash version listed, but similar

Rixx

()() Favorites: Sword of Fargoal, Rogue Touch
( '.') Slay, Titan VG Edition, Hero Academy [ID:Rixx]
(('')('') GameCenter: TK656
01-14-2011, 02:19 AM
This game was stolen!!!

PLEASE BOYCOTT THIS GAME!!!

I just wanted to bring to everyone's attention that this company ripped off our flash game! They stole our title, our artwork and the concept from our Flash game of the same name.

We had heard of stuff like this happening but we were shocked to find out it had happened to us! We have submitted a complaint to the copyright dept of apple to have the game removed.

We were in the midst of porting our game to the iphone as our first release, so we were devastated to see it was featured in NEW AND NOTEWORTHY and we hadn't even finished porting it yet!!

We'd love to sue these guys but we're only a small indie developer and we simply cant afford to go that far and frankly it wouldn't be worth our while.

Thanks for listening and please don't buy this game until we officially release it!

Cheers,
Derek
01-14-2011, 08:16 AM
Wow. That is terrible. The game looks awesome and I was tempted to buy but I certainly will not now. Please keep us posted about further developments.
01-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfbot View Post
PLEASE BOYCOTT THIS GAME!!!

I just wanted to bring to everyone's attention that this company ripped off our flash game! They stole our title, our artwork and the concept from our Flash game of the same name.

We had heard of stuff like this happening but we were shocked to find out it had happened to us! We have submitted a complaint to the copyright dept of apple to have the game removed.

We were in the midst of porting our game to the iphone as our first release, so we were devastated to see it was featured in NEW AND NOTEWORTHY and we hadn't even finished porting it yet!!

We'd love to sue these guys but we're only a small indie developer and we simply cant afford to go that far and frankly it wouldn't be worth our while.

Thanks for listening and please don't buy this game until we officially release it!

Cheers,
Derek
Well I wish I had known this before I bought when it released. Will be buying yours the moment it drops on the store. Can you add a d pad when you offically release it? Tilt controls are just not fun.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
01-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Well, THIS sucks! Does anyone here have any experience with trying to get a refund from Apple in a case like this?

@ Halfbot: Really sorry to hear about this, fellas. For what it's worth, I have a couple of suggestions for the *legitimate* port of the game:

1. PLEASE include a D-pad, arrows, etc. -- everybody's right, the tilt just doesn't cut it for this game.

2. PLEASE include the double jump. We need the double jump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Damien View Post
Are you serious ? Are you pro ?
01-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Yeah, I thought maybe it was a fake after I saw the LOE character not looking anything lik the flash version over at Games Butler.

Damn, so messed up. Developers like this need to go die. I know for one thing that as soon as I figure out how to, I'll request a refund from the developers because that's just not cool.

And I'm definitely going to buy the legit version to show support for the developers. I'm sorry I bought this fake and terribly sorry that I made the thread

But yeah, add a d-pad and some more content than this piece of ***t has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K76 View Post
Well, THIS sucks! Does anyone here have any experience with trying to get a refund from Apple in a case like this?
Don't know, but if you figure out tell me. I'll look too.

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
01-14-2011, 04:45 PM
HAHAHA that made our day! Hey don't sweat it. We're working vigorously on the REAL port of the game and one good thing is that we can take all of their user feedback to make the game ever better! Too bad we won't top the charts after all this like they have with OUR game. Bastards!! Oh well, we just have to move ahead from here.

We've contacted apple to have the game removed and we're waiting to hear back from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhsterboi View Post
Yeah, I thought maybe it was a fake after I saw the LOE character not looking anything lik the flash version over at Games Butler.

Damn, so messed up. Developers like this need to go die. I know for one thing that as soon as I figure out how to, I'll request a refund from the developers because that's just not cool.

And I'm definitely going to buy the legit version to show support for the developers. I'm sorry I bought this fake and terribly sorry that I made the thread

But yeah, add a d-pad and some more content than this piece of ***t has.

Don't know, but if you figure out tell me. I'll look too.
01-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfbot View Post
HAHAHA that made our day! Hey don't sweat it. We're working vigorously on the REAL port of the game and one good thing is that we can take all of their user feedback to make the game ever better! Too bad we won't top the charts after all this like they have with OUR game. Bastards!! Oh well, we just have to move ahead from here.

We've contacted apple to have the game removed and we're waiting to hear back from them.
Thanks. Good luck with Apple. You guys will do much better than this anyways because like I said it sucks now that it's not real. It really hasn't done that well. With some substantial support, you guys will probably make it into the Top 25. I need to update my review on iTunes for the game and give it 1-star.

Just looked at the developer's page. Along with this, they have that crap colorful unicorn game that looks like a copy of Rainbow Unicorn Attack which was reviewed here on TA and another one called Huge Worm that looks exactly like Super Mega Worm.