• Publisher: Game Atelier
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 102.9 MB
  • Version: 1.2.2
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.1 (7)
App description: 1.7 MILLION PLAYERS AROUND THE WORLD! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Game optimized for iPhone devices including high-definition graphics for Retina display!
----------------------
Take control of Newton, the Flying Hamster in this action-frenzy horizontal shooter! Fly to save your girl across 6 levels full of various foes (animals, robots, aliens...) and beat the most ruthless bosses with any item you may find on your way.

6 unique environments packed with fun from the sunflower fields to the big Japanese city or crazy ancient Egypt
8 freaky weapons scattered among the levels (bananas, egg-bombs, beer...)
35 different enemies (sneaky penguins, anti-air cows, exploding foxes, ninja squirrels, toaster-robots...)
7 dreadful and unpredictable bosses
A neat and powerful Soundtrack made from catchy tunes and killer guitar solos
An unlockable Hard Mode specifically designed for veteran players
4 control modes designed for touch screen or accelerometer
40 achievements and leaderboards

strivemind's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

This looks surprisingly good... maybe the next great shmup in the app store? Looks kind of like Parodius.
01-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Great art and a rare opportunity for boss battles too!

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero

01-07-2011, 04:07 AM
This is a port of a PSN game for PSP.

As such, I'm not sure it will translate well to this platform - I'd really like a Lite version to try it.

Especially for movement - too many shooters on the iOS still lack the relative touch controls of Space Invaders IG and the Cave shooters.
01-07-2011, 05:39 AM
Does 6 environments mean 6 stages, or does each environment have a number of sub-levels ? Sorry 5.99 for 6 levels isn for me, but it looks really fun
01-07-2011, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunis View Post
Does 6 environments mean 6 stages, or does each environment have a number of sub-levels ? Sorry 5.99 for 6 levels isn for me, but it looks really fun
DoDonPachi only has 5 levels, and it's arguably the best shmup in the store.

Playing: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle
Waiting:Last Class Heroes, Chaos Rings 3, Starships
GameCenter: StriveMind
01-07-2011, 08:50 AM
This game looks great, I would really like to know how long this game lasts for, once I find a new Wi-Fi source, I will DL.
01-07-2011, 10:43 AM
The price is high, but it's a PSP minis game, so it's comparable to that. It's quite fun, with relative controls and Open Feint achievements. The length won't be much of an issue for many, because it's quite tough. You get a limited number of continues, then it's game over. I couldn't make it past level 2 on my first play through.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
01-07-2011, 10:50 AM
This looks excellent. Unfortunately after all that money I spent in December I will have to wait a bit to pick this up. There looks to be a very full, very well-done game in here though.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
01-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
DoDonPachi only has 5 levels, and it's arguably the best shmup in the store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
The price is high, but it's a PSP minis game, so it's comparable to that. It's quite fun, with relative controls and Open Feint achievements. The length won't be much of an issue for many, because it's quite tough. You get a limited number of continues, then it's game over. I couldn't make it past level 2 on my first play through.
Hey strivemind I agree, DoDon is amazing, but I never liked the unlimited continues thing if this one has limited then it makes it a very intriguing buy for me thanks sizzlakalonji for that info that is a huge change of my decision
01-07-2011, 12:00 PM
How is it controlled? Please tell me NOT tilt!

It's great there are all these ports of first DS games and now PSP minis coming over to the platform.

(I rewatched the video and at the end there seemed to be the player doing both tilt and some sort of virtual buttons? Is it an option they were showing or do you use both? If there is any tilting required I stink at that!)

Last edited by New England Gamer; 01-07-2011 at 12:02 PM.