★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: INTRO-MOVIE + GAMEPLAY AVAILABLE HERE :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv7Kxv2xkLY

The destiny of the pink bunnies is in your hands. They desperately need your help to survive. Their world has been infested with malicious and wicked cannibal bunnies. Use your agility, speed and logic to prevent them from being cruelly crunched by the evil bunnies. Cannibal Bunnies features hours of game play, 66 levels spread in four different worlds and one bonus level for the experts who have defied the evil and rescued the complete population of bunnies. Accept this unique challenge and test your skills and force to beat the enemy. Expect to encounter lots of bunnies in your quest.

REVIEWERS COMMENTS:
This is a simple, strangely addictive, delightfully twisted game. // www.irishtimes.com

... The game runs flawlessly, and is fantastic to play. Its refreshing to play a game thats equally as addictive as the more popular iPad titles, but is entirely original in both gameplay and ridiculous premise. Rated: 4/5. // www.macworld.com/appguide/app.html?id=842555

Cannibal Bunnies is a-freakin-mazing. This game just oozes with sick and twisted style and, dare I say, charm. From the menacing and beautifully rendered intro film to the outstanding character art and animation, it is obvious that this will be a quality game that reeks of polish. // www.forums.toucharcade.com

Complete with a humorous video to start I knew after some research this was a game worth my money because it would give me several hours of distraction. Overall I give this game a 9/10. // www.thoughts.com

This game is a fresh addition to the app store. It has very catchy background music, and superb graphics. The gameplay flows very smoothly and is entertaining. I would recommend it for any iPad users looking for a clever and fun game. // www.appadvice.com

INTRO-MOVIE + GAMEPLAY + MORE SCREENSHOTS:
http://www.reservoirt.com/project/43?l=en_US

WORLDS:
Levels are spread in 4 worlds: FORESTS, CANYONS AND DESERTS, CAVES AND VOLCANOS, and the new EASTER WORLD added in the 1.4 update.

GAME CONTROLS:
The game can be played at any zoom scale. The player has full control over the wanted zoom scale. While playing, manual zoom-in or out is allowed. Cages will glow when a bunny is properly positioned to enter a cage. Automatic scrolling will occur if you hold a bunny and reach the screen boundary. Double-tapping will reset the screen to the preset start-zoom-in-scale selected in the options menu.

NEED A HAND TO PASS A LEVEL?
If you find a level too difficult, just change the game player style and you will get help to pass the level. The selected player style affects the players overall rating displayed in the inventory.

DIFFICULTY SETTING:
Pace is too fast? More difficult than expected? The game includes 4 difficulty settings: HARD, NORMAL, CAUTIOUS, and EASY. This sets the pace of the bunnies and determines when the red devils will kick off.

LEVEL PAUSE AND RESET:
At anytime, a level can be paused or reset using the controls at the top of the screen.
01-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Color me interested. Love the look. Anybody know anything about it? Is it a Lemmings clone?

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic

01-07-2011, 02:48 AM
Hossenfeffer FTW

Cannibal Bunnies is a-freakin-mazing. This game just oozes with sick and twisted style and, dare I say, charm. I choose my words carefully there, so if you would please direct your attention to the adorable, cuddly little bunny horking up his ever-lovin' guts on the left side of the intro screen. Simply put, if you find that funny, you will love this game.

The most striking thing you will notice, right from the start, is that this game was made by extremely talented individuals. From the menacing and beautifully rendered intro film to the outstanding character art and animation, it is obvious that this will be a quality game that reeks of polish.

Much like The Lemmings, the player is charged with rescuing these mindless little pink knuckleheads from their ultimate demise, which presents itself in the following ways: from tumbling off the edge of a cliff, from contracting a horrible and infectious bunny plague, or from being eaten alive by one of the less than friendly denizens of BunnyLand.

The player executes these not-so-daring rescues by simply swipe-dragging the little critters into any one of a number of hanging birdcages. Be careful though, because haphazardly stuffing animals into a cage past it's capacity results in the entire abode detaching from it's moorings and plummeting downward, inhabitants and all. This matters, not only because no one wants to see any animals harmed in the making of this epic bunny tale, but also because if you don't hit your quota, you lose, chump.

And lose, you will, because there are cliffs everywhere and hordes of bunnies to tumble off each and every one...simultaneously, if you're not on your toes. Not only that, but everyone and everything seems to be trying to undermine your efforts.

Dark pink bunnies will punk your pink pals, unless you drag them to a cage as well. Big papa purple bunnies will straight up dine on your furry friends, skipping the tedious preparation of hossenfeffer entirely. Not only that, but these ornery and obese bastages cannot be dragged or caged. Flora and fauna will be all up in your grill, in equal measures, because stinky, rotten carrots pepper the landscape and any bunny that comes in contact with one will be bent over learning if carrots are also yummy on the way back up, as it were. I'm not joking about the plague either; if an afflicted victim comes in contact with another mate, you just bought yourself some new spew. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Yes, I expected the the screen to pan when I reached the edge. Yes, I thought it would have pinch and zoom. Yes, I contemplated how long the fun will last, but you know what, I don't give a crap. These guys deserve my four bucks and anyone that sees the intro video (and doesn't have their panties in a bunch) is likely to share my view.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

Last edited by djflippy; 01-08-2011 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Typos
01-07-2011, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Color me interested. Love the look. Anybody know anything about it? Is it a Lemmings clone?
Czar, buddy, you want this. It may not be perfect, but it only gets better when you see it live.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
01-07-2011, 04:25 AM
Great review djflippy....you made me interested in the game...

OldskoolNL.nl : "Not Old, Just Older"
01-07-2011, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
Czar, buddy, you want this. It may not be perfect, but it only gets better when you see it live.
Gaah! You guys are so bad for my wallet!

Alright. I can't resist now. I'll grab this one tonight after work. Since the holidays, there seems to be a shortage of games worth buying. I'm itching to pull the trigger on something anyway.

Thanks for the impressions, flippy, it sounds great.

Edit: Thought of a question. Is there multitouch? From your description, I envision a furious game of drag and drop. Multitouch could really add to the gameplay.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic

Last edited by CzarCastic; 01-07-2011 at 07:47 AM.
01-07-2011, 07:04 AM
Is there any replay value once you complete a level to go back to it? And is there a level selection menu?
01-07-2011, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Gaah! You guys are so bad for my wallet!

Alright. I can't resist now. I'll grab this one tonight after work. Since the holidays, there seems to be a shortage of games worth buying. I'm itching to pull the trigger on something anyway.

Thanks for the impressions, flippy, it sounds great.

Edit: Thought of a question. Is there multitouch? From your description, I envision a furious game of drag and drop. Multitouch could really add to the gameplay.
That's the other thing I wanted to mention in the final paragraph! (My iPad ran out of juice mid-review and I had to re-edit the whole thing approaching midnight). Thanks, good catch, Czar. To answer your query in the politest terms, I would say multitouch is noticeably absent. To the point where I am unsure whether the hardest levels will be possible for the average gamer to complete at 100% without it. I'm not there yet, because there are several worlds of levels, but based on the current difficulty curve, I think it will be nearly impossible, unless new components unlock to aid in the madness or the curve flattens significantly. Even now, the level starts and immediately three streams of pinkness are already heading straight for cliffs. lol

01-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchgamer3g View Post
Is there any replay value once you complete a level to go back to it? And is there a level selection menu?
My opinion would be, for the most part, not really. Meaning, I don't plan to replay the whole game for fun, upon completion. I think the replay value is going to be during the initial play-through, achieving perfects on every level. May just be semantics.

Yes and not only is it gorgeous, but it displays the unlock triggers for each area. A separate section tracks completion status and a handful of achievements (not linked to a social network, afaik).

Last edited by djflippy; 01-08-2011 at 03:03 AM. Reason: sp
01-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodmanSan View Post
Great review djflippy....you made me interested in the game...
That's what it's all about.

Cheers.