★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Dungeon Defense

03-25-2009, 11:42 AM
Dungeon Defense

Do you remember Dungeon Keeper? This new TD game could be fun for evil minds
http://dd.inmotionsoftware.com/Dungeon_Defense.html

[App Store Link, $2.99]

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
From the developer

We have publicly committed to more maps, a scoring system, and an "endless" game-play mode. We made a pretty big dent in that commitment last week, but are still pretty busy on the last piece of it, that should take us through about 5/8. We plan to prioritize and commit additional tasks after we finish the current list. Additional skeleton types is on the discussion list.

Telling us what you think is most important will help. Send a note to support@InMotionSoftware.com with the subject line: Dungeon Defense Priorities.

We are working hard at adding additional content to Dungeon Defense. We have a few surprises up our sleeves that I think you guys will enjoy.

Here is a teaser screenshot:

Brian Howard
InMotion Software

Last edited by salsamd; 04-20-2009 at 01:53 PM.
03-25-2009, 11:50 AM
I'll take the plunge

It looks like they worked hard on the art if nothing else. I'll pony up my $3.

Initial impressions will be posted shortly.

03-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Looks interesting, watchlisted for now.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
03-25-2009, 12:04 PM
Looks fun but I like to try a lite version before I'd buy it

Why are you bothing reading this ;p
03-25-2009, 12:08 PM
Something I've always hoped for!?

Are the waves of heroes randomized so it isn't, yet again, some silly case of, "oh, wait, in the third wave is always all mages so plan accordingly..."?

I want a TD game where I have to adapt on the fly and not a matter of rote memorization where I can effectively plan for the next wave even before it's announced since I know EXACTLY what to expect.
03-25-2009, 12:24 PM
Will you guys quit posting tower defense games every single day. Just kidding keep em coming. Looks like Dungeon Twister no? I'll be your huckleberry in a bit first lemme finish Elemental Monster or at least a few more maps.

here is photo of dungeon twister boardgame.

Last edited by mrbass; 03-25-2009 at 12:26 PM.
03-25-2009, 12:27 PM
Cool--looks like a refreshing change--not really "towers" at all, exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Are the waves of heroes randomized so it isn't, yet again, some silly case of, "oh, wait, in the third wave is always all mages so plan accordingly..."?

I want a TD game where I have to adapt on the fly and not a matter of rote memorization where I can effectively plan for the next wave even before it's announced since I know EXACTLY what to expect.
I'm not sure. But I know 7 Cities endless mode is randomized.

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: “Adams Immersive”)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Organize with shapes and colors instead: DotSpace (Forum thread)
03-25-2009, 12:37 PM
I don't know, the screenshots look a bit drab to me maybe poor choice but I really want to see a video first or at least more screens of the monster choices, selection, etc

As it is now elemental monster is way more tempting to people 99c controls great.
03-25-2009, 12:46 PM
ah wth too much
I just bought the elemental td

I want this too
Ill wait until at least I finished elemental, but Ill put this on my snipe list
03-25-2009, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the initial impressions guys. I'll get this and Elemental later and play with them tonight after my event and provide a compare/contrast between the two if that helps.