★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Strategic Assault

10-28-2008, 12:26 PM
Strategic Assault

Has anybody tried this out yet? It looks like it could be good but I really can't tell from the screen shots.

here is the link
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=294758914&mt=8
10-31-2008, 04:45 PM
im also wondering about this

i almost hit the buy button...but i remember something about not being able to scroll?

10-31-2008, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mek View Post
im also wondering about this

i almost hit the buy button...but i remember something about not being able to scroll?
Wow, I was just about to post something on the lack of RTS games for the platform....

That looks promising, especially from the reviews!

but i can't believe that's the best that developers can offer... I had Warefare Incorporated for Palm years ago, and this game doesn't look like it's on par with that game.

Any first hand opinions? Thanks!
10-31-2008, 05:03 PM
Warefare Incorporated is coming to the zi iphone, no eta though

but i am curious about this...and how active the developer is [the developer link from the itunes page is : "http:///"] - not to promising
its still on v 1.0 but only came out just days ago

I dont know if i should buy this, or iShoot..i'm trying to budget my buying habits

Last edited by mek; 10-31-2008 at 05:10 PM.
10-31-2008, 05:38 PM
yea i am up in the air, I'm gonna wait and see if there is an update and what it brings to the table. As far as i know Gameloft has the rights to Age of Empires Liscence. i had it on my WM smartphone and it was pretty polished.
AOE on iPhone would kill this game.
11-01-2008, 03:28 AM
Hi,

Just to let you know we have already submitted version 1.1 to the app store which deals with the 2 most common complaints in the reviews we have had so far. Firstly it adds two finger drag-scrolling to the main map. Secondly it makes the 'Easy' difficulty mode much easier (while leaving the standard mode quite hard).

The update is in review and we hope it will be approved and go on the store very soon.

Please keep sending in your feedback, we are working to improve the game and will continue to release updates.

thanks,

Simon
11-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenGames View Post
Hi,

Just to let you know we have already submitted version 1.1 to the app store which deals with the 2 most common complaints in the reviews we have had so far. Firstly it adds two finger drag-scrolling to the main map. Secondly it makes the 'Easy' difficulty mode much easier (while leaving the standard mode quite hard).

The update is in review and we hope it will be approved and go on the store very soon.

Please keep sending in your feedback, we are working to improve the game and will continue to release updates.

thanks,

Simon

I went back and checked in the App store.. Is there a Skirmish mode available? I'd rather just play quick skirmish games than the levels probably... It would make sense to play the game in Landscape mode as well...

If i hadn't just bought Clusterball, i'd probably pick this one up.. I'll be closely monitoring the reviews/updates..
11-01-2008, 10:43 AM
We don't currently have skirmish or landscape support, but I have added these to the list of suggestions.

thanks,

Simon
11-01-2008, 03:04 PM
add a skirmish mode, and you will have another sale

also, how many levels total in the game?
any story? different sides?
11-01-2008, 04:45 PM
There are 15 levels in the game. Not really got a story or different sides, you just play through the levels. Once you have beaten a level you can replay it any time.

Simon