★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Story from a project I did in school.

01-07-2011, 10:17 AM
#1
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 483
Story from a project I did in school.

I have a story line that I could email to anyone. You can keep the story just include my username for TA in the credits and that will be fine.

I am looking for it to turn into a TD game, but it is totally up to you.

I ask for no money either, just credit for my story.

Plus and Openfeint Accounts: Snowdude11
01-07-2011, 03:52 PM
#2
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: alea iacta est
Posts: 1,368
Maybe tell us a bit more about this story? How long it is, how many characters, if it needs art, what genre it is? Also, you might want to post an excerpt of it so we know it's quality.

01-08-2011, 07:32 PM
#3
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by K?! View Post
Maybe tell us a bit more about this story? How long it is, how many characters, if it needs art, what genre it is? Also, you might want to post an excerpt of it so we know it's quality.
Just 2 characters, or I should say teams. It should play on any ipod touch or iphone. I would need everything pretty much, a graphic designer and a developer and someone to send it to Apple. Send me a PM if you want a piece of the story. I am hoping it would have 2 worlds with 10-15 levels in each world. it is not going to be retro style, I can tell you that much.

Plus and Openfeint Accounts: Snowdude11
01-08-2011, 07:38 PM
#4
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 483
By the way, I do want control over promo codes. People can create them, but I have control over who passes them out. I will also have control over what you put in my game. Give me the idea and then I will decide to put it in or not.

Plus and Openfeint Accounts: Snowdude11
01-08-2011, 08:52 PM
#5
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,770
Send a message via AIM to kohjingyu
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdude11 View Post
I have a story line that I could email to anyone. You can keep the story just include my username for TA in the credits and that will be fine.

I am looking for it to turn into a TD game, but it is totally up to you.

I ask for no money either, just credit for my story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdude11 View Post
By the way, I do want control over promo codes. People can create them, but I have control over who passes them out. I will also have control over what you put in my game. Give me the idea and then I will decide to put it in or not.
Hmmm..
01-08-2011, 10:21 PM
#6
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohjingyu View Post
Hmmm..
Wel yes, it still is my storyline and game. I am just letting you develope it because I have no clue how to. Like I said, you keep the pofits, just give me credit for the story.

Plus and Openfeint Accounts: Snowdude11
01-08-2011, 10:22 PM
#7
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdude11 View Post
Wel yes, it still is my storyline and game. I am just letting you develope it because I have no clue how to. Like I said, you keep the pofits, just give me credit for the story.
My fault profits instead of pofits.

Plus and Openfeint Accounts: Snowdude11
01-08-2011, 10:27 PM
#8
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: alea iacta est
Posts: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdude11 View Post
Wel yes, it still is my storyline and game. I am just letting you develope it because I have no clue how to. Like I said, you keep the pofits, just give me credit for the story.
Just giving developers a story and politely asking for credit? Or demanding final control over the concept of the game, the amount of content, everything that goes in it, and all the promo codes?

How much time did you spend on your story? I could write a pretty damn good story in twenty hours, and that wouldn't even be 1% of a good game's dev time.

If you posted "here's my story below, feel free to use it as long as I get mentioned in the credits, and a promo code would be nice but not required", it would be completely different.

If you're expecting to be project manager (and you said you're in school so you're probably under 18), you need to have money to fund everyone on the team. Profit sharing doesn't work. And you base a game around a concept, not some shitty story you wrote in ninth grade.

Last edited by K?!; 01-08-2011 at 10:31 PM.
01-08-2011, 11:21 PM
#9
I don't think anyone will take you up on this.

Any large studio has their own writers, and any indie dev would probably want the project to be theirs, not someones that they've never even met.

The chances of it being the next big thing are slim to none, so most people won't even click on the thread. An excerpt here would be helpful. Also, what's your writing experience, or samples of your work?

If you believe it is good, by all means pursue it. Everyone starts somewhere, but consider your position. If someone took it, you'd be a writer, and writers have little control over anything but writing and story. It's just a fact that you wouldn't be in charge, or have control over promo code distribution.

Like someone said before, almost anyone with a high school education and a grasp of the English language can write a decent story if they want to. If your serious about this you have to convince potential takers why yours is better than what they can come up with themselves, with no hassle from someone who wants their name in the credits.
01-08-2011, 11:29 PM
#10
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 1,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradiso View Post
Like someone said before, almost anyone with a high school education and a grasp of the English language can write a decent story if they want to.
I agree with you on all points except this one

__________________
twitter - HeadcaseGames.com
Puzzling has Evolved - Get 180!
FreeAppTracker.com Win ANY app you want, daily!