★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

DEVS, what are YOU playing?

03-25-2009, 01:39 PM
DEVS, what are YOU playing?

Even though our own games usually are pretty physics oriented and in 3D and all that, I tend to play rather different games.

I really like classic strategy games and Tower Defense games. I play Strategery almost every day (on brutal difficulty, of course) and I'm quite fond of geoDefense too. I love how balanced and hard it is. Still have one or two levels to go. I play Pinball Dreams every now and then too.

So, what do you other developers like to play?
03-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Blocked is about the only thing I have time for on a daily basis these days.

03-25-2009, 01:59 PM
Kind of a hard question to answer for me.

For fun: I just finished up with Zombieville USA and iDracula (No endpoint, but I'm done with them for awhile.) I sometimes get distracted by iCopter. Next I'll probably be doing Edge and Galcon.

For research: I research many games to see their fun points and also their flaws. I play about 10-15 games a day, most for no more than 2 minutes before I turn it off.

Game Designer and Producer of Trenches, Evertales, and more!

| Follow me on Twitter or EMAIL ME |
03-25-2009, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Jones View Post
Kind of a hard question to answer for me.

For fun: I just finished up with Zombieville USA and iDracula (No endpoint, but I'm done with them for awhile.) I sometimes get distracted by iCopter. Next I'll probably be doing Edge and Galcon.

For research: I research many games to see their fun points and also their flaws. I play about 10-15 games a day, most for no more than 2 minutes before I turn it off.
That's a fair bit of gameplay. iCopter is quite the addicting one, most certainly. I guess if it stems from one of the most addictive online games ever, you'd expect it to be just that.
03-25-2009, 02:25 PM
Here's a screen of my top played games.

Like most devs I play pretty much any game that I think I could learn from so the rest of my phone is pretty cluttered

Tim Moser - Developer, Makeshift Games
Depict - The Ultimate Multiplayer Pictionary Game
Get Depict on iTunes
Like Depict on Facebook

Last edited by mitrezom; 03-26-2010 at 03:37 AM.
03-25-2009, 02:36 PM
No time for play, have to create... J/K. I finally got Fieldrunners so that, iDracula, and Bejeweled 2 every once and a while. Along with a handful of others I don't play that much. not much time for any of them though

| Jon Wheat | BitCaper |Twitter
Games: Block Knights, S.C.U.D.
See what people are saying about Block Knights here, here, here and here
Check out our development podcast for S.C.U.D.
03-25-2009, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitrezom View Post
Here's a screen of my top played games.

Like most devs I play pretty much any game that I think I could learn from so the rest of my phone is pretty cluttered
Must be awesome to have your own game in there too
03-25-2009, 02:50 PM
I'm hooked on iMafia right now.
03-25-2009, 03:00 PM
I WISH I had time to just play games (not much time between my regular job, my commute, my wife and working on the latest update to my game).

But I did get Wolfenstein3D and played through the first few levels. Ahhh, that brings back memories. I can't wait for Doom!
03-25-2009, 03:03 PM
Ive been playing iDracula and a bunch of my friend's at PDAMill's games and once in a while hit Dizzy Bee or FieldRunners yet.

Oh and my own of course...

>>>>>> All-In Poker Rocks!<<<<<<
Visit Birdsoft for great iOS apps and games. Follow our Twitter.